Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Expo's in the UK?

Australian Expo's in the UK?

Old Feb 21st 2011, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

debs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nice
Default Australian Expo's in the UK?

Hi Guys

I am now starting to looking for any worthwhile Expo's to go to before we head out to Perth in August of this year.

I have found a couple that may be interested to anybody in the UK as follows:-

Down Under Live London 5 and 6 March www.downunderlive.co.uk

Working in Australia Expo Manchester 19 March

Also, NAB Bank run a really good and informative briefing every so often I have the date of 30th March in Leeds as there next one. Anyone needs to register for this it is worth ringing their offices in London Tel. 0208 614 9320.

Does anybody know of any others coming up this year if so, can you please post them on the site for anybody wanting to go through the process or may already have their visa.

Many thanks

Debbie
Old Feb 21st 2011, 7:18 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Expo's in the UK?

Originally Posted by debs1966
Hi Guys

I am now starting to looking for any worthwhile Expo's to go to before we head out to Perth in August of this year.

I have found a couple that may be interested to anybody in the UK as follows:-

Down Under Live London 5 and 6 March www.downunderlive.co.uk

Working in Australia Expo Manchester 19 March

Also, NAB Bank run a really good and informative briefing every so often I have the date of 30th March in Leeds as there next one. Anyone needs to register for this it is worth ringing their offices in London Tel. 0208 614 9320.

Does anybody know of any others coming up this year if so, can you please post them on the site for anybody wanting to go through the process or may already have their visa.

Many thanks

Debbie
Go to these by all means but I found them to be a waste of time and money. All the info you need is on the internet - including this forum.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

I went to one in Leeds a couple of years ago and it was the biggest waste of my time and money. No use to anyone unless you worked in nursing or engineering. All else that was there was shippers and forex companies.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 12:14 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with the sentiments so far, we went to one in London and it told us nothing we didn't know from being on here! Unless you are interested in a very specific type of industry (eg mining) then there's very little info and even if there is something relevant you'll have to queue for yonks to even get near the stands.

Good it you're completely clueless about emigrating and just starting out but if you've done any basic research at all you won't learn much imho.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Went to a london one before we came out... Ditto... But it was a fun Day out for us all... Helped make it feel more real for us
Old Feb 21st 2011, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

rich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nice

Agree with whats been said, went to one in Glasgow and got lots of pens and rubbish....and plenty of paper for the recycling bin! Yes was a fun day out, but was a bit of a waste of money!!
Old Feb 21st 2011, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

We had a nice lunch in a pub nearby and I got a new biro.

Otherwise same as others found it completely useless. I think the only stand we managed to speak to anyone at was the pet removalist but really we did not need to go to an expo for information on that.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

I've just had an email from one of them trying to get me to the Opportunities Australia Expo.

It's offering a discounted price for entry to the expo and a visa eligibility consultation of £99

It was £155

Seriously people can get that information here, elsewhere online and agents will do an assessment for free. They are just exploiting some people who are desperate.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

al_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud of

If its free or very cheap, and you dont have to travel far, then it may be worth the effort.

We have went to a few, the first made Lucy decide that yes we are doing the right thing, we had a chat with a fair few people there, and the second we asked a few questions and got answers to them.

If your going and expect to come out with a visa at the end of it, you'll be dissapointed - though you will not need to buy a pen for a long time! Make sure there are exhibitors from the middle east there, they have far superior pens!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

rich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nicerich.mason is just really nice

Originally Posted by steen1976
Seriously people can get that information here, elsewhere online and agents will do an assessment for free. They are just exploiting some people who are desperate.
Very true! The one thing that does scary me these days though is how many people have access to the internet, claim they use the internet, yet end up getting stung by things like this! I have friends who have been daft enough to do things like that when one quick google would have answered their question.....and saved them ££!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steen1976
I went to one in Leeds a couple of years ago and it was the biggest waste of my time and money. No use to anyone unless you worked in nursing or engineering. All else that was there was shippers and forex companies.
Spot on Waste of time and money.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

njbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nice

Are they worth it for job contacts?
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by njbrown
Cant say I got any, remember there being medicare or something for WA, but other than that there wasnt really any job people at the one in glasgow, although it was a few years ago.

Also the one it had more than just Australia at it, was USA and Canada as well I think. If it wasn't for meeting someone there we prob would have been there for less than an hour.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by njbrown
that is about the least likely thing you will find there. Unless you are a nurse.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
that is about the least likely thing you will find there. Unless you are a nurse.
Agreed. The Leeds one was advertised as having 'employers'. There was two companies - nursing and engineering (mining IIRC).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.