Reload this Page >

Australian Exodus

Australian Exodus

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 11:24 am
Just Joined

dazzyr is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Australian Exodus

Originally Posted by Sunlover
You're kidding right ?? I've lived in 5 different countries and I have NEVER spent as much time in the office as I do in Oz.

Over the past three weeks I have not left work once before 10.30pm. My husband works similarly insane hours - we barely see each other during the week and usually bring work home over the weekend as well.

We earn good money but our quality of life is debatable.

Best change your monica from Sunlover to something more appropriate then!!!
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 11:46 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Exodus

Originally Posted by dazzyr
But, Their like most SAFFIES , once you knock the big chip off the shoulder , they , not bad people ........... mm
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussie73
What about Lachlan Murdochs decision to leave New York and return home to Sydney to live and to bring up his family even though it means giving up his chance of controling the Newscorp Empire. With his money he could live anywhere in the world but thinks OZ is the best place to live.
We are talking about the same Lachlan Murdoch that was involved with one of Oz's greatest corporate disasters, namely One.Tel? Thought so. Well, there's no doubting the quality of his decision-making then, is there?

Or will he claim to have been "profoundly misled" yet again?
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 11:54 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover

But, Their like most SAFFIES , once you knock the big chip off the shoulder , they , not bad people ........... mm
This coming from an Aussie!. Is that an oak tree I see on your shoulder sir?.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dazzyr
I think its "moniker"
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=darkless], but Boogie boarding is not expensive at all. I would have put this in the almost free category.

Don't think Schappelle would agree with you on that one...

Sorry folks back to topic.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 3:30 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunlover
I think its "moniker"
Not that it is relevant, but it is funny, I have a colleague in Germany called Monika Stitz. "Has anyone seen Monika Stitz?"

Oh, and Mike Nipple left our US business a year or so ago.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 12:00 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Well i guess the ones that work hard for as much money as they can get their greedy little fingers on will be the richest ones in the graveyard at about 50 years old. The people that have to work til late into the night have simply picked the wrong profession, and made the wrong choices nd now paying for it. if you have to maintain that massive mortgage by working your fingers to the bone then who is the stupid one for getting in that situation?

Work smart

Play hard

Big house, big car= BIG HEADACHE.

You are DEAD a long time. Why try and get there quicker.

alk
Old Aug 7th 2005, 8:17 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
This coming from an Aussie!. Is that an oak tree I see on your shoulder sir?.
Come on Amazulu , you,ll be the same , like my rellies in Benoni , now they have cut there house hold costs , to just a house keeper , they are having trouble figuring out how to get the Lawn mower to work ....... mm
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by eatstatic
It seems that Australia is not for a lot of its young adults, particulary men. If any of the wannabee ex pats are still deluded enough to believe that Oz will give their offspring more choice then think again.

Any aussies with decent skills are voting with their feet against Australia's low wages and long hours. It therefore seems a strong possibility that your kids, when of working age will hot foot it back to blighty in order to get a decent reward for their skills.

At this rate all Oz will have left behind will be the minimum wage manual workers. Still it seems there are plenty of Poms with a willingness to move to the land of low pay and years of "casual" employment, maybe they will take up the slack?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/050726/2/v8n0.html

Good laugh...karma on way mate