Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Education System

Australian Education System

Old Feb 8th 2009, 6:32 am
Just Joined

neatad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australian Education System

After talking to several Kiwi's and Australians, I get an impression that people scrimp and save to put there kids through private schooling to avoid using government schools. (Even though in NZ the same kiwi would have sent there kids to state schools (government))

Is there anything wrong with the govt schooling or is it a question of living in the right school zone??

I'm thinking of moving to North Brisbane - North Lakes area in a couple of years 2010/2011

I'm a pommie Kiwi living in Auckland and curious regarding this matter!
Old Feb 8th 2009, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Australian Education System

Originally Posted by neatad

After talking to several Kiwi's and Australians, I get an impression that people scrimp and save to put there kids through private schooling to avoid using government schools. (Even though in NZ the same kiwi would have sent there kids to state schools (government))

Is there anything wrong with the govt schooling or is it a question of living in the right school zone??

I'm thinking of moving to North Brisbane - North Lakes area in a couple of years 2010/2011

I'm a pommie Kiwi living in Auckland and curious regarding this matter!
Pretty much depends on the area- there are some outstanding government schools and some terrible ones ditto the private schools.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

suzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hereshoping
Pretty much depends on the area- there are some outstanding government schools and some terrible ones ditto the private schools.
probably the same as the UK, good and bad schools all over.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Originally Posted by suzanne7575
probably the same as the UK, good and bad schools all over.
How old are your kids? North Lakes State College is a good Primary school but the Senior School has gone to pot!! However, they are building another school and there are other decent schools within 20 minutes of North Lakes.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:31 am
Just Joined

neatad is an unknown quantity at this point

My kids are still quite young; but i'm just thinking ahead. What are the better schools in the North Lakes area?

Also is there much work around this area, I do CAD drawing. is there much industry around this area. If not how far is it to the airport? is there much around there?

Thanks