Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Drivers License-question.

Australian Drivers License-question.

Old Jun 13th 2006, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

devonleas is a jewel in the roughdevonleas is a jewel in the roughdevonleas is a jewel in the roughdevonleas is a jewel in the roughdevonleas is a jewel in the rough
Default Australian Drivers License-question.

I was born and raised in Australia and have lived most of my adult life in the UK-although not on a UK citizenship(EU).
I now plan to return to Oz-can I too drive on my UK license for three months after returning to Australia??
Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Briz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant future
Default Re: Australian Drivers License-question.

Originally Posted by devonleas
I was born and raised in Australia and have lived most of my adult life in the UK-although not on a UK citizenship(EU).
I now plan to return to Oz-can I too drive on my UK license for three months after returning to Australia??
I'm pretty sure you can. You won't need to re-take the driving test here - if in QLD I know you only have to take the written theory test which is a piece of piss.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future
Default Re: Australian Drivers License-question.

Originally Posted by Briz-chick
I'm pretty sure you can. You won't need to re-take the driving test here - if in QLD I know you only have to take the written theory test which is a piece of piss.
As long as you transfer your licence over within 3 months, you only have to take the theory in WA as well.

Debs