Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian dream has turned into nightmare

Wikiposts

Australian dream has turned into nightmare

Old Oct 12th 2005, 8:10 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian dream has turned into nightmare

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I thought you were hoping to migrate to Australia. Why, if you think it a third world country?
It was a response to Vor as that is what he/she was looking for

I have family there and I have a visa so why not give it a go.

I would rather live in Siberia than NZ though :scared:

G
Old Oct 12th 2005, 8:29 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I thought you were hoping to migrate to Australia. Why, if you think it a third world country?
I think you will find it was sarcasm with a touch of irony.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

G

Oh no you wouldn't
Old Oct 12th 2005, 8:44 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Oh no you wouldn't
It would be a close thing

G
Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Thanks to Pollyana and moneypen20 for the advice on prescriptions; I was hoping there'd be some way of getting a repeat prescription that would allow me to obtain another batch of medication without having to re-visit the doctor/medical centre, but apparently not.

Back home, prescriptions for ongoing medical conditions usually come with five repeats, so you simply fill up at the local pharmacy whenever you run out and don't go back to the doctor until all your spares are used up.
Check out your local Boots and supermarkets with a pharmacy. I signed a form in our Safeway enabling them to pick up my prescription and now I fax my request to the surgery and ask for it to go in the Safeway bag then Safeway pick up the prescription and process it and I go in a few days after ordering it from the doctor (when I next do my shopping) and its sitting waiting for me.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:54 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Australian dream has turned into nightmare

Originally Posted by spottydog
Check out your local Boots and supermarkets with a pharmacy. I signed a form in our Safeway enabling them to pick up my prescription and now I fax my request to the surgery and ask for it to go in the Safeway bag then Safeway pick up the prescription and process it and I go in a few days after ordering it from the doctor (when I next do my shopping) and its sitting waiting for me.
Thanks Spotty.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:57 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Princess Leia
Hey Vash we went to Ireland for our honeymoon for one week too! We flew from Brum and picked up a rental car. People thought we were so unromantic going to Ireland instead of our 2nd choice Paris but it was absolutely beautiful. The B&Bs were top class and the roads so quiet.

Princess Leia (R2D2 on BTDF)
Thanks R2 - and nice to see you here!

We're flying from Brum and picking up a rental car too!
Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:57 pm
Fighting my corner

Originally Posted by melibeam
Vash, hope you have a great wedding day and enjoy the honeymoon!

Irishbloo - My parents live in Limerick too!!!!!!

Mel
Thanks mate!
Old Oct 13th 2005, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks mate!
what a small world it is ,my parents live in ballyneety.co.limerick.am going there for afew days with kids b4 Christmas and for st Patrick's day,all part of my list before i go to perth.also my husband is from tipton and of course is a big west brom fan.as for me i am havind a glass of wine to commiserate Ireland getting knocked out last night.where do your parents live? xx sandra
Old Oct 13th 2005, 9:34 am
kelly Slater...mmmmmm

Carkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really nice

[QUOTE=clotje]

Also (unless that's changed) if you work in the UK (for a while) you pay taxes and therefore qualify for unemployment benefits...not so in Oz...

[QUOTE]

Apparently not if you were born and raised in the country though. I paid taxes for years but because I had been out of the country for a year I was entitled to nothing, in fact, the woman at the centre told me the only way I would get any benefits was to get pregnant and then I would get them straight away plus get a house!!

Last edited by Carkedit; Oct 13th 2005 at 9:37 am.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 9:37 am
Fighting my corner

Originally Posted by irishbloo
what a small world it is ,my parents live in ballyneety.co.limerick.am going there for afew days with kids b4 Christmas and for st Patrick's day,all part of my list before i go to perth.also my husband is from tipton and of course is a big west brom fan.as for me i am havind a glass of wine to commiserate Ireland getting knocked out last night.where do your parents live? xx sandra
Um, my father died when I was 16 years old and my mother lives in Australia. Dad was a German-born Brit/German (British father; German mother) who emigrated to Oz when he was 19; Mum is an Aussie born and bred, who's only ever lived in Australia but visited the UK many times.

I'm an Aussie myself, and have been living here in the UK on an ancestry visa since January 2004.

I'll be going back home in a couple of years.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Oct 13th 2005 at 9:39 am.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 9:55 am
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Um, my father died when I was 16 years old and my mother lives in Australia. Dad was a German-born Brit/German (British father; German mother) who emigrated to Oz when he was 19; Mum is an Aussie born and bred, who's only ever lived in Australia but visited the UK many times.

I'm an Aussie myself, and have been living here in the UK on an ancestry visa since January 2004.

I'll be going back home in a couple of years.
You'll miss West Brom I guess
Old Oct 13th 2005, 9:57 am

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

It was a response to Vor as that is what he/she was looking for

I have family there and I have a visa so why not give it a go.

G
Well there goes all my respect for you sir! Whats wrong with NZ? We love it.

We go to OZ on our hols as well. Though I think we are exploring more of europe next year, buying an old VW capervan.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:00 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by russmcp
Well there goes all my respect for you sir! Whats wrong with NZ? We love it.
It's a long Story :scared:

It's not the place

G
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:03 am

It's a long Story :scared:

It's not the place

G
Nuff said

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.