Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Dollar - exchange rate?!

Australian Dollar - exchange rate?!

Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:25 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Dollar - exchange rate?!

Is it worth hanging in there until tomorrow for a better rate ???
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Who can tell....I changed alot into AU$ back in July when I thought $2.10 was a good rate after a summer of $2.05. What a twat I feel right now !!
So probably not the best person to ask !!
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:31 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BATS666
Who can tell....I changed alot into AU$ back in July when I thought $2.10 was a good rate after a summer of $2.05. What a twat I feel right now !!
Ooops
Old Oct 6th 2008, 6:15 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...efer=australia makes interesting reading. "Declines in the Australian currency today may be exaggerated as trading is lighter than normal because of a holiday in the state of New South Wales, Bank of New Zealand's Symonds said. "
Old Oct 6th 2008, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

.......and for a longer term view
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=ahIB9qoc4aKU
Old Oct 6th 2008, 6:44 am
Just Joined

terrier1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

i got $2.20 to £1 on friday from an exchange place for my holiday, might get some more today before i leave for my flight later today
Old Oct 6th 2008, 7:12 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harrip
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...efer=australia makes interesting reading. "Declines in the Australian currency today may be exaggerated as trading is lighter than normal because of a holiday in the state of New South Wales, Bank of New Zealand's Symonds said. "
My opinion: If the rate cut is 50 points then the AUD might get even weaker tomorrow. If it's 25 points then may stay the same as this may have been already factored in.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 7:14 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BATS666
Why should you feel a tw*t? You picked what looked like a decent rate then; who can do more?

I picked some basic rates at which I'd be happy to transfer and have Ukforex alerts set up for them. When a rate's hit, I transfer a chunk of money. If it doesn't hit, I'll leave the money in the UK until it's absolutely needed (it's offsetting a mortgage, so the effective rate on it is pretty good). If I didn't set myself some rules like that, I'd be forever watching the rate and twitching at every change... not really worth the hassle (to me).

Cheers
b
Old Oct 6th 2008, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Rideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the rough

what is the opinion of forward buying AUS$ before you have a visa (hopeful in Feb 2009) ??
Old Oct 6th 2008, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by benlast
Why should you feel a tw*t? You picked what looked like a decent rate then; who can do more?

b
....coz, as you said, I didn't need the money in AU$ and won't for another month or so. Also changed WAY too much !
So, twat it IS then !
Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

autorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to all

Nice to see a things still heading in the right direction today...

Hey does anyone know the best online service for converting £ to $?

I will still be earning £££ when we move to Oz so I need to find a company I can use on a regular basis...

I'm looking for: good rates, low commission and reliable/quick transfer

Any help will be very welcome!
Old Oct 6th 2008, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Just checked online.

Rate is now 2.35!!
Old Oct 6th 2008, 9:02 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by autorock

I will still be earning £££ when we move to Oz so I need to find a company I can use on a regular basis...

I'm in the same boat. I'm not sure its the best option, but I use xe.com on a regular basis (remember everything is negotiable!).
Old Oct 6th 2008, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

autorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to all

Originally Posted by harrip
I'm in the same boat. I'm not sure its the best option, but I use xe.com on a regular basis (remember everything is negotiable!).
Thanks Harrip,

I couldn't see on their site, what's the minimum transfer?!? They seem to charge no commision is that correct?!?

They looks pretty good to me.

What did you mean everything is negotiable?!? Do you haggle over rates?!
Old Oct 6th 2008, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by autorock
Nice to see a things still heading in the right direction today...

Hey does anyone know the best online service for converting £ to $?

Not sure if it would be workable for you or not, but the Nationwide account is fab. You get the best rate of the day no commision and can use any ATM in Oz also without charge. You can lift (I think) $500 per day and can also use it as 'switch' transaction in shops.

Would save you heaps in charges I think.

Cheers
Mandy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.