Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Dollar

Australian Dollar

Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:51 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Dollar

Originally Posted by marcpiano
Come join Lone Rangers in Belmont - ok it aint' the best but good to let off a few rounds every now and then.

"Makes mental note to fire of a few rounds on a .44 before he leaves"
I'm thinking about the one up Perry Rd in Wanneroo. Where do you have to store your weapon? (Is it OK to refer to it as a "weapon" if you are in a pistol club?)
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:53 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Budawang
Are you sure you guys haven't got lost? Go up one level and click on "USA".
When the shit hits the fan it's the people with the guns and the knowledge that are going to survive.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

marcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to all

Originally Posted by renth
I'm thinking about the one up Perry Rd in Wanneroo. Where do you have to store your weapon? (Is it OK to refer to it as a "weapon" if you are in a pistol club?)
I'm too cheap to own a weapon and couldn't be bothered going through WAPOLs laborious firearms licence application process. So I just borrow their shotties, .45s and .44s
Old Mar 18th 2008, 11:59 pm
Banned

brendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of light

Its not weapons you require, its an allotment! Fresh sprouts, all the veg you need, i have thought about it long and hard, the most powerfull control the food supply; after this is energy, what else matters, while i have a belly full of food and are warming in front of my fire you starve and are cold, who are the wealthy ones long term?

Take the automobile to fuel, but the fuel will not go to the automobile? Its like Mohammed and the mountain?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:00 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by brendarover
Its not weapons you require, its an allotment! Fresh sprouts, all the veg you need, i have thought about it long and hard, the most powerfull control the food supply; after this is energy, what else matters, while i have a belly full of food and are warming in front of my fire you starve and are cold, who are the wealthy ones long term?
You'd need to defend your allotment though.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:04 am
Banned

brendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of light

You'd need to defend your allotment though.
Si, me and you Renth With a bottle of decent dry cider enjoying the sunset, watching over our crops? You bring the double barrel, i will bring the cider!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:29 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brendarover
Si, me and you Renth With a bottle of decent dry cider enjoying the sunset, watching over our crops? You bring the double barrel, i will bring the cider!

It's starting to sound like a scene from Deliverance. Who is going to play the Banjo?

S
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:37 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
It's starting to sound like a scene from Deliverance. Who is going to play the Banjo?
S
I dunno, any of you live in Banksia Grove?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:42 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno, any of you live in Banksia Grove?

I know it's back to the subject, but this was an interesting article in The Times yesterday, about banks being unable to raise funds for mortgages now, and how they will effectively be pulling the plug on first time buyers, and the likely affect on the rest of the UK housing market:

Article from The Times

There was also this interesting co-article answering questions about the UK property market. Looks like bad news for any potential ex-pats looking to sell...

Supporting article

S
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I know it's back to the subject, but this was an interesting article in The Times yesterday, about banks being unable to raise funds for mortgages now, and how they will effectively be pulling the plug on first time buyers, and the likely affect on the rest of the UK housing market:

Article from The Times

There was also this interesting co-article answering questions about the UK property market. Looks like bad news for any potential ex-pats looking to sell...

Supporting article

S
Naughty, naughty... sticking to the subject, you should be ashamed.

Interesting article. Banks borrow short and lend long. In other words, they have to continously borrow money in order to cover long-term mortgages. This is why banks can get into so much trouble in the current environment when the world's suppliers of capital (many of whom are in Asia and the Middle East) are scared and confused and don't want to lend money to anyone. Banking is a confidence game and the system can collapse like a pack of cards if that confidence evaporates. Australia is protected for the time being because our interest rates are high and this offsets lack of confidence in the value of our housing stock.

I see you're from Newton. I was there last weekend and thought it was a great place with a funky vibe and wouldn't it be a nice place to buy a modest terrace... until I saw how much they cost :curse: I guess I'll just have to wait a year or two when house prices have come crashing down.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:04 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be OK, I have a fishing rod and some veggie seeds.
me Too.,,,,,,,,,,,,,mm
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Aus will see a recession but the UK and US will have 1930's style "great depression" IMO.
Based on what insight exactly? Total tosh.

Anybody's pet will tell you that a downturn is on its way. However, a 1930s-type depression? Only a fantasist/Daily Mail alarmist writer would come up with that.

But, be under no illusion, if US goes into recession, Europe, Oz won't be that far behind. Just cast your mind back a few weeks ago when the falls on Wall Street triggered some large 'irrational' falls on the Oz market. It underlines the fact that US is still the world's economic engine.

And before China and India are cited as the saviours of Oz, who do you think they sell their finished goods to? And don't forget that China's inflation is on the way up, so we'll see a contraction there too.

You'd better start praying.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:14 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
Based on what insight exactly? Total tosh.

Anybody's pet will tell you that a downturn is on its way. However, a 1930s-type depression? Only a fantasist/Daily Mail alarmist writer would come up with that.

But, be under no illusion, if US goes into recession, Europe, Oz won't be that far behind. Just cast your mind back a few weeks ago when the falls on Wall Street triggered some large 'irrational' falls on the Oz market. It underlines the fact that US is still the world's economic engine.

And before China and India are cited as the saviours of Oz, who do you think they sell their finished goods to? And don't forget that China's inflation is on the way up, so we'll see a contraction there too.

Welcome back, Mike!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:00 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
And before China and India are cited as the saviours of Oz, who do you think they sell their finished goods to?
Mike, good to see you back on BE.

China's economy is only based in small part on selling their crap to the west.

I'm not praying, I work for a university war would have to break our before they close UWA and even I'm not predicting that.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:38 am
Banned

The daily Wail have there opinon? But the allotment is the place where we will drink and be merry, for god sake, this "lets borrow til we get orgasmic, could not last indefinately?, surely!
I like Oz, but it is not the answer to the life without regrets?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.