British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Australian Customs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/australian-customs-887156/)

ex reg Nov 8th 2016 8:45 am

Australian Customs

Yeah I know you can't bring food stuffs and the like into Australia through normal customs.

But what about internal flights?
Can I take food bought in Aussie Supermarkets through customs???

Not a lot of stuff but things I've bought to cook and haven't used and don't want to throw away.
Tight git that I am.

Pollyana Nov 8th 2016 8:49 am

Re: Australian Customs

Originally Posted by ex reg (Post 12098498)
Yeah I know you can't bring food stuffs and the like into Australia through normal customs.

But what about internal flights?
Can I take food bought in Aussie Supermarkets through customs???

Not a lot of stuff but things I've bought to cook and haven't used and don't want to throw away.
Tight git that I am.

You don't go through Customs as suchon domestic flights.

However there are rules in most states about movement of fresh food - especially fruit. Most supermarket stuff is ok but check the state you are flying into for rules on fruit, veg, meat, fish, plants etc,

rasen78 Nov 9th 2016 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12098500)
You don't go through Customs as suchon domestic flights.

However there are rules in most states about movement of fresh food - especially fruit. Most supermarket stuff is ok but check the state you are flying into for rules on fruit, veg, meat, fish, plants etc,

What Polly says and honey us another item that is restricted, certainly in SA

This Link will show what you can bring into different states

rammygirl Nov 11th 2016 9:15 am

The beagle sniffer dogs at the airport are pretty sharp. My brother in law got stopped as they detected citrus in his case. It was a natural scented soap with orange oil! They let him through but warned him that if it had been fruit and he had not declared it he would have been fined.

ex reg Nov 17th 2016 9:38 am

In Perth they had sniffer dogs a few years ago but only for the luggage of Asians.
This time in Melbourne International we didn't see any sniffer dogs or at Adelaide domestic.

Pollyana Nov 17th 2016 9:57 am

Originally Posted by ex reg (Post 12107308)
In Perth they had sniffer dogs a few years ago but only for the luggage of Asians.
This time in Melbourne International we didn't see any sniffer dogs or at Adelaide domestic.

Most terminals have them aroundat times during the day. The dogs don't discriminate, they roam round everyone and their luggage.

hami Nov 18th 2016 3:59 pm

Hi. I`m coming to Australia in a month and I have a question about birth control pills. I have read that I should have prescription to get them, is this true? I cannot get them without seeing a GP? please help me. thanks.

Bermudashorts Nov 18th 2016 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by hami (Post 12108483)
Hi. I`m coming to Australia in a month and I have a question about birth control pills. I have read that I should have prescription to get them, is this true? I cannot get them without seeing a GP? please help me. thanks.

It is normal to see a GP in order to get birth control pills in the UK too. Not sure I understand the issue i.e. why does it matter?

hami Nov 18th 2016 4:31 pm

Because with 489 I don`t have free health insurance

hami Nov 18th 2016 6:52 pm

First of all i'm not from UK. Second of all i asked a question. Eat me please!!!

BritInParis Nov 18th 2016 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by hami (Post 12108608)
First of all i'm not from UK. Second of all i asked a question. Eat me please!!!

:popcorn:

moneypenny20 Nov 18th 2016 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by hami (Post 12108483)

Yes you need a prescription and yes you need to see a GP in order to get the prescription. The GP will (providing there are no health issues) issue five refills on the one prescription.