Reload this Page >

Australian country life

Wikiposts

Australian country life

Old Jul 8th 2004, 11:23 am
kong

Default Re: Australian country life

Originally posted by kala
Kong, I have tried to understand you and you dislike fo Australia but you really have sunk to new depths this evening.

Bush fires are a necesity to the Australian Bush however when these fires do get out of control they can cause people to loose their homes,Livelyhoods and even lives, Not to mention the wildlife. Do you really think that using a picture of something which can be so tragic to enitce people to take your view on Australia is acceptable adult behaviour?

I'm lost for words!!
Dont worry, the ex pats IN Australia wake up soon. They tend to be less "anal" and more relaxed than you wanabees.

Old Jul 8th 2004, 11:33 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by kong
Dont worry, the ex pats IN Australia wake up soon. They tend to be less "anal" and more relaxed than you wanabees.
1, I'm not anal, just confused by you!
2 I'm not a wannabe I just met, fell in love with, and married an Australian guy and he drew the straw as to where we are going to live.

Fire's and other natural disasters happen all over the world I dont get your point to this thread, Maybe if you explained your reason for it I might!!!! but please dont tell me it is to make people aware that there are bush fires in Australia as I dont know a single person who isn't already aware of that.

Kala
Old Jul 8th 2004, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Having read this post with interest / bordom i noticed a couple of things

FIRSTLY

This was a prevous post in which KOng was asked to back up his claim... he did not post a reply despite replying to the post which follows this (hence it could not just have been accidental that he missed it).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by kong
The mild dampness of Blighty wont destroy my home, well not in my lifetime anyway. Those fibro Aus house are like a tinder box in the bushfire season.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kong
Seeker of truth + justice (as per your header)

Can you let us know how many fibro homes get burned down each year ?

And what % of all aussie homes are actually fibro ?

SECONDLY, can I perhaps shed some light onto the real age of our friend kong. The following was his hypocritcal reply to another post.

One one hand moaning about maturity (aka an adolescent teanager)
-------------------------------------------------
With such mature debating skills and your aptitude for intellegent debate, you will fit in with redneck Oz. You going bush by any chance?? You will right right in mate

On the other hand running home crying to mummy / teacher / who every will listen....
Insult me like that again and I will report you

And the final point to prove this is simply a 'kevin' the teenager pretending to be someone important...

Do not start talking about cock sizes
Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:18 pm
ABCDiamond

As people are interested in Kong and his background, here are some parts of his first posts.

Originally posted by kong 06 Apr 2004 09:39
Hello there, heres my 2 cents worth.

I am married to an Aussie lady, whom I have been with for 4 years, we meet in England and I have visited Aus with her twice, once for a year. I enjoyed the place as a holiday but I would not want to live there. You soon realise if a place is "right" I reckoned that it was ok for Aussies, but a Brit would find it rather boring/suburban.

Anyway my wife seems happy now, however she gets emotional blackmail phonecalls off her mum, asking when shes coming home, giving the old aussie is great, how can you cope with the uk, dump/bad weather etc. My wife seems to enjoy life here, but I worry about if she will inevitably succomb to the harrasment. I hated the place and wonder if anyone else is in a similar
Originally posted by kong 07 Apr 2004 08:58
Anyway i live in the home counties 40 odd miles from London, a very nice market town surrounded by pleasent villages and woodlands.

I know the weather in oz is crap, I lived there for a year!! Thats one of my points, Aussies say the weather is great, but I just found it to be humid and stormy and often overcast and unreliable, if I want good weather I can go to the Med for a week, and the beer and bars are better!!!

My original post was just to explain the frustrations of my wife being subjected to the constant babblings of her mother about how the UK is awful and Aus is heaven and me wondering if anyone else was in a anglo aus relationship and how it has affected them????
Originally posted by kong 10 Apr 2004 00:31
Yeah Aussie mothers know how to "talk up" Aussie, I think she forgets that I spent time there and saw it first hand. Its always the weather she harps on about, well I think Sydneys weather is crap! I also say that twice a year I can holiday in the med and get guaranteed good weather and nice bars/cheap good beer. Not stormy humid summers with rain and drinking rubbish beer in an air conditioned box that is full of pokies and waffling sports obsessed Aussies!
When he began posting it seems that the problem was more with his mother in law, wanting her daughter (Kongs wife) to return to Australia, and therefore seeming to cause stress and tension.

The difficulty is that Kong now lives in a good part of the UK, and is comparing to an area of Sydney that we do not know about. There are many bad parts of Sydney. I lived there to, for a lot longer than Kong, and I also disliked Sydney, that's why I now live in Brisbane, a much better place for ME.
Personally I accept that not everyone is like me, and many people will like Sydney. Some may not even like Brisbane (although I can't see why )

It is a pity that we can't all accept each other, and the fact that we all like different places and different things.

Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

He should live in Perth - according to all the marketing information (cue abuse) it has a mediterranian climate all year round!!!
Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

The majority of people emigrating to OZ tend to settle near where there flight first arrived.

Hence we have a lot of expat whingers back in the UK.

Should 've upped sticks and tried another city/town/ state, sooner.
M