Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian country life

Wikiposts

Australian country life

Old Jul 7th 2004, 12:58 pm
wombat42

Originally posted by kong
OK then, here we have an Aussie house during bushfire season.
Most parts of the world have bushfires, not just OZ, look at southern Europe and the USA,
The only reason there are no bushfires in the Uk is because you have destroyed all your forests and it is too wet and cold most of the time for fire to spread.

Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:00 pm
wombat42

Most parts of the world have bushfires, not just OZ, look at southern Europe and the USA,
The only reason there are no bushfires in the Uk is because you have destroyed all your forests and it is too wet and cold most of the time for fire to spread.

Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:00 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

No need to wait for God, make your own:

1666:

Drseden 1945:

London 1940:

Only way to get a good clean fire in damp climes.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:09 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by wombat42
l am sure more British homes have been destroyed due to storm
damage during your dreadful winters then Australians homes through bushfires in summer.
Are you in Australia? haven't you got all these warnings, and adverts on your TV in the summer about info regarding "storm damage" ?- because every year the tv is full of it in Brisbane. We even have storm prevention damage info leaflets through the door., ie how to minimise your risk of damage etc, or what to do in a storm ( ie sitting outside with a carbon fibre fishing rod - is not a good idea ..lol - they don't say that, one ).. storms are part of Qld life. We get them every summer

You'll probably find there is more homes destroyed by storms here each summer.. for a start Australian homes aren't constructed very well, most of these so-called brick homes in QLD have wood frames with one facing of bricks on the outside
. People having their roofs blown off and things in these wild summer storms ( we get wild storms in our summer months) - just last summer the more recent ones where trees fell on a few homes , it happens most years here in Qld, storms damaging some peoples property .. or trees crushing houses.... big hailstones is the other one (but that is rare.. happened while I have been here, about 4 maybe 5 years ago ).

There must be figures out there somewhere.. but I'd place a bet on there are more houses damaged here through storms than in the UK... and how about termites.. one in three ( or four.. different sources.. different figures, but it's always 1 in 3, or 1 in 4) homes will be affected by termites at some point. (had them in one of my previous rentals .. in the window frame.. climbed/ate up through the pergola into the frame.. where they came bursting out .. literally)

can't see the point of bush fire one myself .. live near the bush and you are at risk, one of the downfalls of your surroundings. If you are scared of that.. live in a built up area well away from the bush.. after all there is plenty of those about.

P.s you're wrong wombat about no bush fires in the Uk ( and so is kong) - just recently last year, or the year before S.wales - ie in the UK, they purchased some water dumping helicopters.. because of "bush" fires ( forest) that wales gets.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/2958285.stm

Last edited by Ceri; Jul 7th 2004 at 1:16 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:10 pm
kong

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
House fires happen in UK to
That is such a lame argument. The UK house was destroyed by possibly arson, an electical fault, an unattended frying pan. All of which can happen in Aus + the very real threat of bushfire.

That really was a desperate response.

kong

That is such a lame argument. The UK house was destroyed by possibly arson, an electical fault, an unattended frying pan. All of which can happen in Aus + the very real threat of bushfire.

That really was a desperate responce.

kong

That really was a desperate response.

Old Jul 7th 2004, 1:22 pm
ABCDiamond

Kong, we all know that Bushfires exist in Australia. It's a FACT, I am sure it doesn't need proving.

You post a photo of a house burning down in Australia.

I post one of a house burning down in UK

What was the point of your photo ? Desperately trying to prove that houses burn down in Australia ?

We already know they do

Did you look at my earlier link Australian Bushfires to get an idea of what bushfires are like here ?

Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

malpjc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian country life

I am noted on here for being anti-Australia. This is not entirely true. It would be one eyed of me to claim that Oz is one big craphole. I will therefore show my love of the Australian countryside. This picture of mine is a personal favorite.
kong,i have not read all of your posts but get the idea that you have pissed off a lot of people,you put this post in saying you are noted for being anti-australian etc etc,you then say you will show your love of the australian countryside,one of your personal favourites,and you show that!!!!
i think i remember you stating your age was 30,are you one of those tossers who think they are like "on another level man"
have you got a job or are you taking the piss out of the rest of us tax paying workers.
finally,have you got a small cock.
if no,no and no to the above then havent you got anything better to do than shit stir all the time.
whatever you do don't get a job working on a building site,i think you'll get the shit kicked out of you by tea break
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:24 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you start that fire with all the hot air you blow out of your arse?
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:26 am
kong

Originally posted by malpjc
kong,i have not read all of your posts but get the idea that you have pissed off a lot of people,you put this post in saying you are noted for being anti-australian etc etc,you then say you will show your love of the australian countryside,one of your personal favourites,and you show that!!!!
i think i remember you stating your age was 30,are you one of those tossers who think they are like "on another level man"
have you got a job or are you taking the piss out of the rest of us tax paying workers.
if no,no and no to the above then havent you got anything better to do than shit stir all the time.
whatever you do don't get a job working on a building site,i think you'll get the shit kicked out of you by tea break
With such mature debating skills and your aptitude for intellegent debate, you will fit in with redneck Oz. You going bush by any chance?? You will right right in mate

PS I work, I pay taxes, I like Uk, I like Aus, but not as much as the UK.

Insult me like that again and I will report you, there is no need for that kind of aggresive language. You do not like what I say??? Fine, ignore me. Do not start talking about cock sizes, you are only embarressing yourself.

Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:29 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

at least he can spell well....................
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:44 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

With such mature debating skills and your aptitude for intellegent debate, you will fit in with redneck Oz. You going bush by any chance?? You will right right in mate

PS I work, I pay taxes, I like Uk, I like Aus, but not as much as the UK.

Insult me like that again and I will report you, there is no need for that kind of aggresive language. You do not like what I say??? Fine, ignore me. Do not start talking about cock sizes, you are only embarressing yourself.
Err OK, what's your hat size?
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:54 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by malpjc
you must know somethin we dont. you managed to get him wound up with that
Old Jul 8th 2004, 11:19 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

I am noted on here for being anti-Australia. This is not entirely true. It would be one eyed of me to claim that Oz is one big craphole. I will therefore show my love of the Australian countryside. This picture of mine is a personal favorite.
Kong, I have tried to understand you and you dislike fo Australia but you really have sunk to new depths this evening.

Bush fires are a necesity to the Australian Bush however when these fires do get out of control they can cause people to loose their homes,Livelyhoods and even lives, Not to mention the wildlife. Do you really think that using a picture of something which can be so tragic to enitce people to take your view on Australia is acceptable adult behaviour?

I'm lost for words!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.