Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Child Support Agency

Australian Child Support Agency

Old Jul 8th 2012, 12:04 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all
Default Australian Child Support Agency

I moved here 3.5 years ago, when I applied for Centrelink (after 18 months), they said I had to give full details for my son's biological father, as he was liable for paying child support. Fair enough, and good luck, I thought! He had left the UK 5 years previously owing me £6k - never saw a penny! I didn't know exactly where he lived, all I had was an email address and that he lived in Whistler, BC, Canada!

Well, 18 months later, out of the blue, I get a child support payment
They tracked him down AND got him to pay!! I couldn't believe it! 10 years in the UK and never once did the CSA there manage to get a penny out of him, but Aussie's manage it in 18 months!

So for all of you who are due child support, have faith in the Aussie system!
Old Jul 8th 2012, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Child Support Agency

Old Jul 9th 2012, 1:55 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Child Support Agency

The CSA in UK has 3 times the numbers of absent parents on its books than Australia.....might have something to do with it.