Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Business Number

Australian Business Number

Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

daz-tahlia is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Australian Business Number

Hi Im moving to perth at the end of the month on a working holiday visa.This is a very sudden move for me. Im a bricklayer and i know i need the white/blue card, a tax file number but a lot of ads say must have abn number could someone PLEASE help me out ie. am i entitled to one on a year's working visa and if so how do i go about getting one . Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thanks
Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Saracen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian Business Number

I was on a temporary working visa in perth and all what i have to do is to get a tax file number. I belive ABN number is also issued by the taxt office (ATO).
Just visit the ATO in northbridge area next to the central train station.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daz-tahlia
Hi Im moving to perth at the end of the month on a working holiday visa.This is a very sudden move for me. Im a bricklayer and i know i need the white/blue card, a tax file number but a lot of ads say must have abn number could someone PLEASE help me out ie. am i entitled to one on a year's working visa and if so how do i go about getting one . Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thanks
to work as a brickie you will mostly be self employed which is why you need the abn (australian business number)- you can apply online on the ato website if you already know the address in Perth where you will be staying, if not you can apply when you get here - good luck, and yes you can get an abn on a whv
Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:52 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

You can obtain a white card through an online course so don't really need to panic about it. Just google it. Heaps of providers do it.