Australian Army

Old Feb 11th 2008, 4:19 pm
ASHO

ASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really nice
Default Australian Army

Hi all my son has just came home from school and hit us with this, one can he join the Australian army when we are on PR visas or will he have to wait until we all get citizenship?
Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice
Default Re: Australian Army

Originally Posted by ASHO
Hi all my son has just came home from school and hit us with this, one can he join the Australian army when we are on PR visas or will he have to wait until we all get citizenship?

I think I am right in saying that Yes your son can join the Army on PR visa. He will not have to wait until you all get citizenship but he may have to get citizenship himself.

Check up with the Australian Defence Force careers office.

Barney
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:26 pm
ASHO

ASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really nice

Thanks Barney i will check
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

My husband has joined the Australian Navy. He has had to live in Australia for 3 months then he has put in for the citizenship test. Around the 6 month marker her will get his Australian Passport. I would presume it is the same for the Army?
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

Your son can join as a PR, he will be required to gain citizenship within 3 months of becoming eligible.
If he's eligible now, he'll need to apply as soon as he's in. This should be picked up in basic training at Kapooka. It may be easier to start the ball rolling before he joins as he'll have enough to think about in those first few months....

Google 'defence jobs australia' for more info.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

From my experience in the reserves you can join up but you must sign a declaration that you will apply for citizenship immediately you become elligable.

I think after 100 days service your elligable for citizenship.

Keel