Australian Army

Old Oct 30th 2004, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

B McAleese is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australian Army

Has anyone on this site been accepted into the australian army. I have applied and been given a post as a metalsmith subject to a medical. What does this involve and who carries this out?
Old Oct 31st 2004, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Australian Army

Originally Posted by B McAleese
Has anyone on this site been accepted into the australian army. I have applied and been given a post as a metalsmith subject to a medical. What does this involve and who carries this out?

Right it's a long time ago mind...but my brother was accepted into the Navy. And the medical was both physical and psychological. It was very very thorough. Eyesight, hearing, reflexes blah blah blah. In fact he applied to get into the airforce initially and was rejected after his medical because he has too much acne on his back.

I know it's not much as I don't have personal experience but it might set your mind at rest (or not as the case may be).
Old Oct 31st 2004, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Australian Army

Hi mate,

I'm also waiting for the medical.

I spoke to another bloke who is there already, he said it's basically your PULHEEMS style test. If you're leaving after 22 years, your discharge medical will suffice.

I'm an ex-metalsmith (hopefully) going over as a fitter armament.

feel free to PM me if you need more info.