Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Affair and Malaysian airlines

Australian Affair and Malaysian airlines

Old May 7th 2005, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of
Question Australian Affair and Malaysian airlines

Wondered if anybody has flown out with Australian affair? I used the parent company Canadian Affair to fly to Calgary in October, also used them for car hire and some of my hotels. Service was excellent and everything ready when we got to where we had booked something through them.

Australian (and New Zealand) affair do not have their own aircraft (unlike the Canadian arm). I was given an excellent quote, however, of well under £500 each to fly to Adelaide on Malaysian Air in September. Just one query, the representative has told me we can have a 64kg baggage allowance as long as we have one-way tickets and visa to validate. However the airline themselves are adamant that they only ever allow 20 kg on economy flights and have no provision for immigration???

Anybody used/know how much baggage they actually allow?

thanks
Old May 7th 2005, 3:24 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default Re: Australian Affair and Malaysian airlines

20kg for sure. We`re going Malaysian on 1st of June. They allow a few kg`s over but no more than that per suitcase.
Old May 7th 2005, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Stormz
20kg for sure. We`re going Malaysian on 1st of June. They allow a few kg`s over but no more than that per suitcase.
Have e-mailed Australian-affair and got them to update their information!! Unless thery are doing business class tickets for £500... I don't think so!!

Old May 7th 2005, 3:32 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

I think our adult tickets via Malaysian were about £380 ea. inc all taxes. If you`d booked direct you could have got special rates on places to stay for a stopover in Malaysia.
Old May 7th 2005, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks Stormz.

Finally sorted it out. Trying to choose the best deal as having to haggle a relocation package.

It transpires that there is a 64 kg allowance with Air New Zealand and via Qantas/BA via LA and Auckalnd. But the tickets are £750 each. if you fly the othe way round, it's a regular 20 kg allowance, as Australian Affair don't have the advantage of the special deal that Singapore Airlines offer directly. This is 40 kg per passenger with a maximum of 2 cases each. However, apparently the legroom with Malaysian is 2" more than with Singapore, and 3" more than Qantas. As myself and daughter are tall (son is 6 ft 7in and may travel out to help us), I think we'll find out how much it would cost to send the extra 40 kg out as air freight rather than be cramped on the aircraft.

Will do a forum search to get an idea of air freight prices and companies.

thanks...
Old May 7th 2005, 5:50 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Australian Affair and Malaysian airlines

Originally Posted by Stormz
I think our adult tickets via Malaysian were about £380 ea. inc all taxes. If you`d booked direct you could have got special rates on places to stay for a stopover in Malaysia.

There are special offers on with a number of Asian airlines (inc. stopovers) with this London-based consolidator. I used to live in Singapore and many expats used Lees Travel to bring their friends and rellies over for visits as they often have the best prices to Asia and Down Under. You can go on their mailing list too:

http://www.leestravel.co.uk/index.htm
Old May 7th 2005, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Englishmum
There are special offers on with a number of Asian airlines (inc. stopovers) with this London-based consolidator. I used to live in Singapore and many expats used Lees Travel to bring their friends and rellies over for visits as they often have the best prices to Asia and Down Under. You can go on their mailing list too:

http://www.leestravel.co.uk/index.htm

Thanks Englishmum

Looks brilliant. Will make sure I get a price from them.

Thanks