British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Australia Worlds 2nd Most Obese Country In The World (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/australia-worlds-2nd-most-obese-country-world-392793/)

Cam1977 Aug 25th 2006 11:46 am

Re: Australia Worlds 2nd Most Obese Country In The World

Originally Posted by thebears
and hardly see how a majority of the Ozzies could get Obese when the gyms are packed at 5.30am every morning.

Unfortunately, Oz isn't that far behind the UK - sixth place (21.7%). So there's probably a few McD's that are packed too - people having the BIG breakfast.

fraser Aug 25th 2006 11:49 am

To be honest I've never ever seen so many fat people in my life since I've been here.

I was quite shocked about it, mind you I did spend holidays here in St.Kilda and I think it has a fat barrier as all the women are sorts ;)

alkristensen Aug 25th 2006 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Cam1977
Unfortunately, Oz isn't that far behind the UK - sixth place (21.7%). So there's probably a few McD's that are packed too - people having the BIG breakfast.

21% of 20million (oz) = 4million
compared to 30% of 295 million= 1 billion(usa)
or 21.7% of 60 million(uk)=12 million.

in the last ten years an average of 100,000 brits per year emigrate to oz, meaning in just 10 years 1 million brits have moved taking their fat asses with them and being more lazy in the sun resulting in more obesity in oz.

lol

Siren & Brian Aug 25th 2006 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by fraser
To be honest I've never ever seen so many fat people in my life since I've been here.

I was quite shocked about it, mind you I did spend holidays here in St.Kilda and I think it has a fat barrier as all the women are sorts ;)

I think this is very true. Certain areas or pocket of each metro area have higher fat people and other areas fitter people. Usually comes down to education and their wealth

alkristensen Aug 25th 2006 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
I think this is very true. Certain areas or pocket of each metro area have higher fat people and other areas fitter people. Usually comes down to education and their wealth

fat people are generally at both ends of the scale-richer and poor. Dole-ites who eat chips and egg every night(generalisation i know) and watch tv a lot as no money and dont move much except to get new batteries for remote(unless bought online, delivered and dog fetches from door)

and

people in high end jobs who eat junk food sealed up as meal for one or two as they have no time for lunch so just snack alot.-

oh and generally people who hang around on forums typing instead of excercising

me- im just lazy at work and love pies. who cares anyway if people are fat.

you live one life, enjoy it in any way you can.:beer: :beer: :beer:

Hutch Aug 25th 2006 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by alkristensen
21% of 20million (oz) = 4million
compared to 30% of 295 million= 1 billion(usa)
or 21.7% of 60 million(uk)=12 million.

in the last ten years an average of 100,000 brits per year emigrate to oz, meaning in just 10 years 1 million brits have moved taking their fat asses with them and being more lazy in the sun resulting in more obesity in oz.

lol

lol - inventive use of maths there. :D

Maybe they should rebrand that latest advertising campaign with "Where the bloody hell are you, you fat bastards."

moneypenny20 Aug 25th 2006 1:10 pm

Why is it of any interest to me who is the fattest and who isn't :confused:

>Trigger< Aug 25th 2006 1:17 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian

I'm dumb and poor....but not fat...just big boned

karenjc Aug 25th 2006 1:18 pm

[QUOTE=alkristensen]fat people are generally at both ends of the scale-richer and poor. Dole-ites who eat chips and egg every night(generalisation i know) and watch tv a lot as no money and dont move much except to get new batteries for remote(unless bought online, delivered and dog fetches from door)

But who puts the batteries in for them and if it's in OZ do they need a license to be able to do it.

fraser Aug 25th 2006 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Why is it of any interest to me who is the fattest and who isn't :confused:

So why open the thread just so you can tell everyone that you're not interested :confused:

moneypenny20 Aug 25th 2006 2:20 pm

So why open the thread just so you can tell everyone that you're not interested :confused:

You appear to be following me around just to make a sarcy comment - put me on ignore and get on with your life.

cresta57 Aug 25th 2006 2:26 pm

I can never understand that logic either mate, open a thread and then spend the time posting on it that it's of no interest to you.
Tis a bit like complaining a thread's boring and should be closed when your still reading and posting in it :(
Idle hands maybe ;)

Regarding the world obesity stats: The latest one posted a couple of days ago showed U.S.A first Australia second followed by the U.K.
Lies damn lies and statistics

fraser Aug 25th 2006 2:30 pm

You appear to be following me around just to make a sarcy comment - put me on ignore and get on with your life.

Not at all, just curious why someone who has no interest in a subject opens a thread on it and posts a reply :confused:

As for following you around, surely the fact that I'd posted on this thread before you means that I was watching it and hence not following you around :p

moneypenny20 Aug 25th 2006 2:47 pm

Not at all, just curious why someone who has no interest in a subject opens a thread on it and posts a reply :confused:

As for following you around, surely the fact that I'd posted on this thread before you means that I was watching it and hence not following you around :p

Why I'm explaining my self to you I don't know but I opened the thread because a) I can and b) thought it might tell me something new. However once opened I found that it was just a thread that actually said nothing from someone who is trying to stir things up. I therefore decided to respond. Hope that satisfies your curiosity.

fraser Aug 25th 2006 2:49 pm

Why I'm explaining my self to you I don't know but I opened the thread because a) I can and b) thought it might tell me something new. However once opened I found that it was just a thread that actually said nothing from someone who is trying to stir things up. I therefore decided to respond. Hope that satisfies your curiosity.

Thank you ;)