Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia wide police checks.

Australia wide police checks.

Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:25 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australia wide police checks.

I have a Western Australian police clearance and a Working With Children card, but to enable me to work as a teacher back in the UK I need an Australia wide police check. I sent off the application form to get one to the Australian Federal Police criminal records unit in Canberra (these are the peeps who dish out all Australian wide police checks) and they've very kindly returned my whole application to me saying I don't fall within their jurisdiction!

I've e-mailed them asking why I can't have one, but I am very confused. Has anybody else had to obtain a country wide police check? How else can I get one?
Old Jul 29th 2008, 2:13 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia wide police checks.

Lots of people get AFP checks for immigration or other purposes.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Unsure is just really niceUnsure is just really niceUnsure is just really niceUnsure is just really niceUnsure is just really niceUnsure is just really niceUnsure is just really niceUnsure is just really nice

Hello Tracey

I'm hoping you might be able to help me, I'm back in the UK now and I'm also trying to get hold of an Australian Police Check, at the moment I'm struggling to find out how to pay for it. I can't get hold of a money order and I don't know how I'm supposed to get an international check from a bank affiliated with an Australian Bank - the only one I've found is HSBC but I have to open up an account and pay £12.95 a month for it or transfer £500 every month into it and as I'm not working yet it's not possible. Did you find anywhere that could do it? I've rang Ofsted, NCMA, the banks and nobody knows what I'm talking about it.

After reading this I'm also worried that they'll reject my application too once I send it off. I too spent time in WA.

If you could help it would be really appreciated as I'm getting very stressed about it.

Thank you.
Louise
x
Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:07 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

OHHHHHH!!! dont get me started AGAIN!

I am absolutely pig sick of Australian incompetance and red tape, silly arse rules and bulldust! OH is also having problems getting his reference from the jail he worked at because NSW policy does not allow any staff to be given references! GRRRRRRRR! Turns out this is the only reason he hasnt started work here yet.

As for the Aussie CRB and stuff. OH paid for his own to be done just before we left Australia. He neednt have bothered as nowhere accepts it anyway! FFS, i am sick of all this crap on either side of the world.

Hope you guys get it sorted
Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:45 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Tracey and Unsure, how come you're both leaving Oz to return to the UK? Did you not like teaching in Oz? I ask this as I'm a primary school teacher waiting for my PR visa to move to Oz to teach!
Old Jun 13th 2009, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Tracey and Unsure, how come you're both leaving Oz to return to the UK? Did you not like teaching in Oz? I ask this as I'm a primary school teacher waiting for my PR visa to move to Oz to teach!
Any Criac in the Cloney I here you's had a heat wave

F**king freezing here at a night -1 last night but 22 during the day.

Nev
Old Jun 13th 2009, 1:23 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

Australia wide police checks? sorry,i thought it was fashion thread.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 2:28 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TraceyW
I have a Western Australian police clearance and a Working With Children card, but to enable me to work as a teacher back in the UK I need an Australia wide police check. I sent off the application form to get one to the Australian Federal Police criminal records unit in Canberra (these are the peeps who dish out all Australian wide police checks) and they've very kindly returned my whole application to me saying I don't fall within their jurisdiction!

I've e-mailed them asking why I can't have one, but I am very confused. Has anybody else had to obtain a country wide police check? How else can I get one?
Use the phone not email. You probably had a muppet public servant that doesn't know his/her arse from her elbow respond.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 2:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Unsure
Hello Tracey

I'm hoping you might be able to help me, I'm back in the UK now and I'm also trying to get hold of an Australian Police Check, at the moment I'm struggling to find out how to pay for it. I can't get hold of a money order and I don't know how I'm supposed to get an international check from a bank affiliated with an Australian Bank - the only one I've found is HSBC but I have to open up an account and pay £12.95 a month for it or transfer £500 every month into it and as I'm not working yet it's not possible. Did you find anywhere that could do it? I've rang Ofsted, NCMA, the banks and nobody knows what I'm talking about it.

After reading this I'm also worried that they'll reject my application too once I send it off. I too spent time in WA.

If you could help it would be really appreciated as I'm getting very stressed about it.

Thank you.
Louise
x
VISA? MASTERCARD?
Old Jun 13th 2009, 2:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I am absolutely pig sick of Australian incompetance and red tape, silly arse rules and bulldust!
Australia has more red-tape, bureaucracy, rules and regulations than probably anywhere else in the world.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 2:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Teaching in Oz. Underpaid. The teachers are on strike all the time.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Aussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by this charming man
Australia wide police checks? sorry,i thought it was fashion thread.
Love it!!!
Old Jun 13th 2009, 9:17 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nevsy
Any Criac in the Cloney I here you's had a heat wave

F**king freezing here at a night -1 last night but 22 during the day.

Nev
Aye, it was bl**dy roasting! Seriously, my house was like a bl**dy sauna, GRRR lol
Old Jun 13th 2009, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
The teachers are on strike all the time.
Really
Old Jun 13th 2009, 9:33 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Deancm
Teaching in Oz. Underpaid. The teachers are on strike all the time.
Teaching anywhere is underpaid, considering the behaviour of some of the kids these days, and even worse, the behaviour of some of the parents!!! GRRR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.