Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia..where the bloody hell are ya

Australia..where the bloody hell are ya

Old Aug 5th 2012, 7:50 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia..where the bloody hell are ya

I agree, that is a ridiculous attitude but not one I have come across. People seem fully aware of the problems but equally dont see it as the end of the world as we know it.

Originally Posted by Zen10
When I ask how this can be achieved all I get from people like you is "there's nothing wrong". That attitude is not going to help.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 1:13 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Some reality check

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/c...e-remains.html
Old Aug 5th 2012, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Well done Andy Murray, maybe a double gold tonight
Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:34 pm
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold

Can I just say how delighted I am that the Australians are doing poorly at these Olympics.

They are, by a country mile, the most ungracious losers in any sport you care to mention.

I hope the country is plunged into a slough of despond,soul-searching and bitter recrimination.

But not for long because the next Ashes are coming up soon and the Aussies also happen to be the best scrappers in the world when their backs are up against the wall.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Now 24th in the medal's table. They're doing this on purpose now to show that they're not really trying.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:48 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cuthbert Rizla
Can I just say how delighted I am that the Australians are doing poorly at these Olympics.

They are, by a country mile, the most ungracious losers in any sport you care to mention.

I hope the country is plunged into a slough of despond,soul-searching and bitter recrimination.

But not for long because the next Ashes are coming up soon and the Aussies also happen to be the best scrappers in the world when their backs are up against the wall.
Yes they are very bad losers, and I think that is something they will be forced to address after the games. They are 8th in terms of overall medals which is excellent considering there are 204 countries competing, yet their lack of golds is keeping them at 24th. They should be more grateful for what they have. Your "backs against the wall" sentiment is bang on target - they are going to be so angry at their failure to get gold I imagine we will see a turnaround before Rio 2016 but they are going to have to stop focusing on one event (pool) so much.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

I imagine the poor result will see the reduction in the form of cuts in social sevices as all the onus falls on improving Australan sporting prowness. lol...
Old Aug 6th 2012, 9:16 am
Just Joined

mel39 is on a distinguished road

British external debt is 360% of its ever decreasing GDP, which is an eye-watering $8,981,000,000,000. Australia's 95% of its increasing GDP, at $1,169,000,000,000. This is money that these countries owe foreign creditors. British public debt is nearly 86% of GDP, to Australia's 30%.
Agree the external debt is high - but so are external assets The figure is so high as so many major banks are based in the UK.

If I had a mortgage of £500,000 with no other assets I'd be worried but if I had £550,000 in the bank I wouldn't be.

The UK economy is not in thee greatest shape, but if the EU goes down Australia and the rest of the world will go with it!
Old Aug 6th 2012, 9:21 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mel39
Agree the external debt is high - but so are external assets The figure is so high as so many major banks are based in the UK.

If I had a mortgage of £500,000 with no other assets I'd be worried but if I had £550,000 in the bank I wouldn't be.

The UK economy is not in thee greatest shape, but if the EU goes down Australia and the rest of the world will go with it!
British external assets will depreciate like everyone else's when the places they are in crash. In 2008, UK had net assets of £7.1 trillion, and liabilities of £7 trillion, so assets exceed liabilities by the tiniest of margins. Any deterioration in the value of those assets will tip the balance.

No, Australia is not impervious and will be affected when the EU goes down the crapper like anywhere else.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cuthbert Rizla

And the vicious cycle continues. Aussies have been bought up thinking Brits are the worst winners in the world and that they use it as an opportunity to goad other countries...and so think they must deprive Brits of the opportunity. Brits think Aussies are worst losers and they deserve goading when they lose to Britain and react badly...and the cycle continues....lets break the cycle, all hold hands and repeat...some knobs on both sides...some knobs on both sides....
Old Aug 6th 2012, 10:12 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I do agree about the Brits often being the worst winners, sometimes they seem almost apologetic for winning.

Originally Posted by fish.01
And the vicious cycle continues. Aussies have been bought up thinking Brits are the worst winners in the world and that they use it as an opportunity to goad other countries...and so think they must deprive Brits of the opportunity. Brits think Aussies are worst losers and they deserve goading when they lose to Britain and react badly...and the cycle continues....lets break the cycle, all hold hands and repeat...some knobs on both sides...some knobs on both sides....
Old Aug 6th 2012, 10:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by chris955
I do agree about the Brits often being the worst winners, sometimes they seem almost apologetic for winning.
Like when the England football team dry hump each other and rip their shirts off when they get a goal against the Fatherland?
Old Aug 6th 2012, 10:24 am
Banned

I'm not sure what the relevance is to be honest ?

Like when the England football team dry hump each other and rip their shirts off when they get a goal against the Fatherland?
Old Aug 6th 2012, 10:25 am
Banned

Originally Posted by chris955
I'm not sure what the relevance is to be honest ?
I point out that this British behaviour is hardly "apologetic" about winning. They revel in it like anyone else.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Why do I bother...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.