Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia..where the bloody hell are ya

Australia..where the bloody hell are ya

Old Aug 8th 2012, 12:51 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia..where the bloody hell are ya

So 14 of the 21 were schools that didn't even exist anymore and the more were when schools had amalgamated and others were basically bits of wasteland ? Don't the facts put a different slant on a bit of sensationalism ?

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Old Aug 8th 2012, 12:57 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Did they send one this time ?

The games may well end but the glory will last 4 years, you know, the next Olympics. Are Australia sending a team next time?
Old Aug 8th 2012, 12:59 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Not sure, do Australia have that silver fern thing on their black uniforms? If so then yeah, they sent a team.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 12:59 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

They'll actually end up in a fairly respectable position on the medal board. Not their best year but they're picking up in areas they've not been known for in previous years.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 1:12 pm
Banned

It certainly isn't as bad as it looked a few days ago, they may overtake Kazakhstan. Haven't they always been strong in sailing?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
They'll actually end up in a fairly respectable position on the medal board. Not their best year but they're picking up in areas they've not been known for in previous years.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 1:16 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

So 14 of the 21 were schools that didn't even exist anymore and the more were when schools had amalgamated and others were basically bits of wasteland ? Don't the facts put a different slant on a bit of sensationalism ?
Are you suggesting that the Guardian just jumped in, feet first and trusted that the Lefty Outrage bus would carry the story into EVERY single paper? The media are never wrong I'll have you know!
Attached Thumbnails Australia..where the bloody hell are ya-616555_10151049427063411_336640352_o.jpg  
Old Aug 8th 2012, 1:23 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It certainly isn't as bad as it looked a few days ago, they may overtake Kazakhstan. Haven't they always been strong in sailing?
I could be wrong but I thought their 'field' of competitors was smaller. I don't remember them doing as well in other events. However my memory could well be shot.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 2:09 pm
Banned

I was thinking more of a few on here using it to bolster their argument that the UK was going down the toilet and the Government didn't care about sports in schools whereas the truth is somewhat different

Are you suggesting that the Guardian just jumped in, feet first and trusted that the Lefty Outrage bus would carry the story into EVERY single paper? The media are never wrong I'll have you know!
Old Aug 8th 2012, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mel39
What impresses me is the breadth of sports we have won medals in - tbh far greater spread than the US in 2nd place.
I'm not that impressed. It's something I would have expected GB to achieve every four years for the past 50 years considering it's interest in sport and population.

It's a shame its taken 15 years of planning and billions in lottery funding.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 3:46 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Beoz
I'm not that impressed. It's something I would have expected GB to achieve every four years for the past 50 years considering it's interest in sport and population.

What you mean instead of relying on luck, a ball of green garden string, jumpers for goal posts and something written down on the back of a fag packet after 17 pints of mild down the Dog and Duck on a Friday night? Yeah, real shame they put all that thought and consideration into it.... real shame.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

What you mean instead of relying on luck, a ball of green garden string, jumpers for goal posts and something written down on the back of a fag packet after 17 pints of mild down the Dog and Duck on a Friday night? Yeah, real shame they put all that thought and consideration into it.... real shame.
wooooooo
Old Aug 8th 2012, 4:32 pm
Banned

Well I am incredibly impressed by the achievements of Team GB. If it came down to an interest in sport then Australia should be ahead of China, not behind NZ e
Old Aug 8th 2012, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

mel39 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Beoz
isn't that the point though - it takes 15 years to achieve the kind of success GB has had on the cycling track - it doesn't happen overnight. As Chris Hoy said last night this all started back in 97.

GB cycling is an example of incredible professionalism, dedication and achievement from nothing to the peak of world sport - but if that doesn't impress you fair enough.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 4:59 pm
Banned

Spot on, its a long term gain and an incredible achievement.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Just popping in - thoroughly enjoyed this thread, I'd forgotten how easily some people get their knickers in a twist! Anyhoo.....must get back to the Games....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.