Reload this Page >

australia vs usa

australia vs usa

Old Nov 9th 2004, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

atlantatoaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default australia vs usa

hi

What is a better place to be the us or australia? I know its a personal decision but what would be the pros and cons of both places
Off the tap of my hat
pros:
fabulous place less stressful life(thats what I have been told)
immigration is easier compared to the us
no george w
medicare isnt as screwed as it is in the us
you have cricket (I really miss that)

what else
any insight appreciated
regards
pooja
Old Nov 9th 2004, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: australia vs usa

Originally Posted by atlantatoaus
hi

What is a better place to be the us or australia? I know its a personal decision but what would be the pros and cons of both places
Off the tap of my hat
pros:
no george w

what else
any insight appreciated
regards
pooja
It's impossible to simply compare the 2 countries especially when both are so huge and so diverse in many ways. I wouldn't mind living in the Bay Area or San Francisco any day, but I love Brisbane and Melbourne too as places to live or rasie a family.

Immigration to the US is much more difficult than to Australia, which means, sometimes you really haven't got the choice.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old Nov 9th 2004, 7:48 am
PommieLeague

hi

Off the tap of my hat
pros:
no george w

what else
any insight appreciated
regards
pooja
Does this count?
USA V Aus

Old Nov 9th 2004, 7:53 am
Account Closed

holsdad is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

Off the tap of my hat
pros:
no george w

what else
any insight appreciated
regards
pooja
Simple choice....the US is full of Americans, Australia isn't. Done deal really!!!
Old Nov 9th 2004, 7:53 am
wombat42

In Australia you are far less likely to be car jacked by a crackhead and blown away. :scared: :scared:
Also if you are taken to hospital in an emergency they are not going to turn you away because you don't have your credit card with you.

Last edited by wombat42; Nov 9th 2004 at 7:57 am.

Old Nov 9th 2004, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lathlain
Does this count?
USA V Aus
Oh what a coincidence... Franklin Field at my alma mater!!! What are the chances? Should get my classmates in Philly to cheer for the roos!

Mrs JTL
Old Nov 9th 2004, 8:11 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Does this count?
USA V Aus

And you said international AFL was a joke.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 8:16 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

Off the tap of my hat
pros:
no george w

what else
any insight appreciated
regards
pooja
More than 2 weeks paid holiday a year in Oz, less annoying accents and you can get pissed here without everyone branding you an alcoholic.

Other than that what are you after in life?
Old Nov 9th 2004, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

I once read that Australia is America without the guns, drugs and evangalists...I think that pretty much sums it up
Old Nov 9th 2004, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

jan&co will become famous soon enough

We were in the US for abt half a year. I just didnt feel safe, not when you dont know who around you carried a gun. Besides, each time you walked into Walmart, you see pictures of missing people on the notice board. It's a beautiful, vast country, though. We're impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the pple. One incident that is etched in our mind - our vehicle broke down and we're getting it fixed in a town workshop. One kind man on his way to work noticed us and when he saw us still there on his way back from work, he offerred to put us up for the nite!? There were 7 of us!

The first time we visited Australia(Sydney), I felt safe, comfortable and sort of familiar. Probably becos we drive on the same side of the road, and knowing that the person next to you is unlikely to carry a weapon.

This is a personal observation/opinion.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:07 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by bondipom
And you said international AFL was a joke.
Hit a nerve Bondi?

Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:08 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by Shellfish
I once read that Australia is America without the guns, drugs and evangalists...I think that pretty much sums it up
You should head to Redfern in Sydney for the guns and drugs then head to Hillsong for the dodgy evangelists!

Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:16 am
kingofcats2005

becos we drive on the same side of the road, and knowing that the person next to you is unlikely to carry a weapon.

BECAUSE not becos! LEARN HOW TO SPELL ! YOU'RE NOT TEXTING NOW ARE YOU?!
Anyway, I have no problem with the USA, well..., apart from the fact that that war hungry prat BUSH got back in as president - I do worry about the sanity of the average American. USA citizens had the chance to throw this prat out and decided against it - well, time will tell and time will prove me correct - God Help America
dave

Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:16 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

You should head to Redfern in Sydney for the guns and drugs
Or Cabramatta.

then head to Hillsong for the dodgy evangelists!
Not a suburb in itself but a (large) church located in Baulkham Hills, if I've placed it correctly.

Jeremy
Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:25 am
Badge

Lathian, the Septics will get creamed. Cricket scores, eh?

They'll be turnstiles. Will Australia field a 2nd string?

BM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.