Reload this Page >

Australia versus New Zealand

Wikiposts

Australia versus New Zealand

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

eVER hopeful is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Australia versus New Zealand

Hello, this is my first posting. My daughter and I are looking at the chances of emigrating to Australia or New Zealand. Can any one tell me if they have had experience of trying to get into either of these countries with a medical condition. My daughter has diabetes. She would probably qualify for both countries using the points system, she is well educated , has a responsible job and has no health problems. We don't want to waste a lot of hard earned cash if the diabetes is going to be a complete no-go in one or both of these countries. We have written to the embassies but the answers are very non-commital. Help please.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 12:23 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia versus New Zealand

Originally Posted by eVER hopeful
Hello, this is my first posting. My daughter and I are looking at the chances of emigrating to Australia or New Zealand. Can any one tell me if they have had experience of trying to get into either of these countries with a medical condition. My daughter has diabetes. She would probably qualify for both countries using the points system, she is well educated , has a responsible job and has no health problems. We don't want to waste a lot of hard earned cash if the diabetes is going to be a complete no-go in one or both of these countries. We have written to the embassies but the answers are very non-commital. Help please.
You have not really given enough information.

Australia and NZ are very different countries with different rules.

They are also different in many other ways.

Diabetes is unlikely to be a problem. Visas will be though.
If your daughter is old enough to migrate on her skills then she can. However it is unlikely that you could be included. You would need a visa in your own right and would therefore need the right skills, be the right age and fulfill the rest of the criteria as well.

No one can answer you without a bit more detail

G
Old Feb 6th 2005, 12:54 am
Just Joined

eVER hopeful is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australia versus New Zealand

Originally Posted by eVER hopeful
Thank you Grayling for replying to my first posting. It is reassuring to find that you think diabetes is unlikely to be an issue. If my daughter now applies as a skilled migrant, I will have to look at what options might be open to me. Not many I think at my age. If I apply for a retirement visa, I am worried that it is not permanent and I have to re-apply after a few years. Have there been cases where the visa is not extended and what would be the reasons for this. Neither of us wanted to start on this process if the health issue was going to be a big problem and the official literature which I have seen so far is not much help.