Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia or UK? - Difficult circumstances

Australia or UK? - Difficult circumstances

Old Nov 19th 2010, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia or UK? - Difficult circumstances

I can't comment on the divorce side, other than to say it will always suck no matter what the circumstances.

As far as education for the kids goes, personally I've found it to be massively superior here (and that's as a mum of a kid who needs a lot of support).

But, you do need a support network with what you're going through. Now, CSA do have a reciprocal agreement with UK CSA, in reality its unlikely to be well enforced due to the legal process involved, but it may be worth having a chat with Aus CSA to find out how it would work, but chances are it would be more enforceable here. Speak to centrelink, CSA, the lot of them, find out where you stand.

And, agreed with the others. If he's asked you to move out shortly before your due date, bugger off!!!! He moves out.

Good luck honey ((()))
Old Nov 20th 2010, 9:45 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia or UK? - Difficult circumstances

Originally Posted by Looktothefuture
I am hoping for a little advice from anyone who has been or is facing a similar situation as this.
My family and I immigrated to Australia 1 year ago. My children and I are holders of permanent residence visas and would be able to become Australian Citizens in another 3 years. I am also pregnant and the baby is due in January 2011.

For the past 9 months our family has fallen apart. My husband has asked for a divorce
What a difficult situation
I just wanted to reiterate what others have said:

*Live wherever you have the most emotional support
*If that is Australia, then don't leave the house - let him go.
*Get a good solicitor ASAP
*Don't be worried about asking people for help - most people will help if they can, but they need to know what you want them to do.

Hang in there