Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia is too bloody far away....from everything

Australia is too bloody far away....from everything

Old Apr 4th 2015, 10:34 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia is too bloody far away....from everything

Originally Posted by Beoz
Ha ha ha. Dave Cameron made a very similar statement in his election speech. Tony Abbott has tried to implement it but has the communication skills of a flee.
Mouth runs away without the brain engaged?
Old Apr 4th 2015, 10:42 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Mouth runs away without the brain engaged?
Bites you, sucks the blood out of you, then runs?
Old Apr 4th 2015, 11:24 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha ha. Dave Cameron made a very similar statement in his election speech. Tony Abbott has tried to implement it but has the communication skills of a flee.
As a student of history I don't have much time for JFK - too left-wing for me - but he was a big picture guy, and this speech is spot on and oh so relevant in the welfare addicted west in the 21st century

That superb leader, Angela Merkel said recently that Europe has 7% of the world's population but over 50% of its welfare spending - speaks volumes doesn't it
Old Apr 4th 2015, 2:14 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

You can't even get the Saturday afternoon games on the TV in the UK anyway.
This is why you get one of those satellite boxes from continental Europe for like 20 quid a month to pick up all the 3pm kick off action.
Old Apr 5th 2015, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Going back to the original post, god, i have to agree with the title. I am here in Sweden and just decided to drive to Norway to have lunch opposite a stunning fjord. Next, i am thinking maybe Finland for a day out
Old Apr 6th 2015, 6:50 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
Going back to the original post, god, i have to agree with the title. I am here in Sweden and just decided to drive to Norway to have lunch opposite a stunning fjord. Next, i am thinking maybe Finland for a day out
On the flipside of this, and from a selfish POV, because we have virtually no family here, we can actually have proper holidays. Back in the UK, we couldn't go anywhere because our holidays were spent visiting family in Scotland and Ireland. MIL is visiting this year, but next year, we can plan a holiday, possibly to New Zealand Even weekend trips away were hard in the UK because of the expectation of visiting the grandparents if we had a free weekend.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 2:05 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
Going back to the original post, god, i have to agree with the title. I am here in Sweden and just decided to drive to Norway to have lunch opposite a stunning fjord.
Same over here. I am over in Surfers Paradise and might just decide to drive across the border to New South Wales to have lunch opposite a stunning beach.

Heck, if I had thought of this a week ago I would even be crossing between two different time zones... almost sounds exotic.

Just kidding, I know exactly what you're feeling and miss the closeness of Europe and how you can just skip over somewhere in a flash.