Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Australia still the land of milk and honey?

Is Australia still the land of milk and honey?

Old Jul 7th 2020, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Australia still the land of milk and honey?

Originally Posted by the troubadour
What I see is loads of Chinese, Koreans and Philippine blokes working on sites. Most appear to be on short term visa's sponsored to do the work.
You can tell that just by looking at them?!? Phwoar!!

Old Jul 7th 2020, 6:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Didn't you read my post properly? I made no mention of partner visas

Do try harder
Exactly, you made no mention of them at all, merely saying

And stop all that family reunion/parent visa/pensioner shite - skilled under 45 migration only
m

Partner visas don't really flt into skilled under 45 migration only, do they
Old Jul 8th 2020, 1:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

You're German and obviously don't get the subtleties (sarcasm) of the English language

Not your fault really - apparently it's a tough language to master
Obviously comprehension over taking your abilities, hence understand why you find, what is essentially an easy language hard. But being South African, I get your difficulty at getting
a handle on sarcasm as well. Afraid tossing a coin in the air, or similar, doesn't make me German either. Must try far harder not to arrive at false assumptions on most every commentary.
Not only that but to be reparative about faux assumptions at that.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 1:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abner
You can tell that just by looking at them?!? Phwoar!!
Phwoar, Yes I can. I didn't think that was especially unique. But Especially after hearing them speak in language. Chinese is very different in tone to Korean.
While Philippine fellows look rather different. Obviously on some sites, viewing from a distance not possible to tell Chinese from Koreans, not too dissimilar, I suppose as telling Romanians from English,
under similar circumstances.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 2:39 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Phwoar, Yes I can. I didn't think that was especially unique. But Especially after hearing them speak in language. Chinese is very different in tone to Korean.
While Philippine fellows look rather different. Obviously on some sites, viewing from a distance not possible to tell Chinese from Koreans, not too dissimilar, I suppose as telling Romanians from English,
Do they have a big sign round their necks denoting their visa status? Or is it some kind of special hat?

Asking for a friend.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

I was actually more impressed with your apparent telepathic ability to determine their visa status.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 4:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Do they have a big sign round their necks denoting their visa status? Or is it some kind of special hat?

Asking for a friend.
Well tell your friend if fits description, with the wiliness to work for money on offer to contact me through this forum and I can give details to sites in my approximately.
With the virus, and few international flights, those that would have come in direct through labour hire companies from Asia , are unlikely to be doing so.
Hence possibly happy days for 'your friend'.

Old Jul 8th 2020, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Well tell your friend if fits description, with the wiliness to work for money on offer to contact me through this forum and I can give details to sites in my approximately.
With the virus, and few international flights, those that would have come in direct through labour hire companies from Asia , are unlikely to be doing so.
Hence possibly happy days for 'your friend'.
Sarcasm is obviously lost on "the troubadour", despite his/her 6000+ post count.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I was actually more impressed with your apparent telepathic ability to determine their visa status.
But then your too easy to impress aren't you? You obviously are not aware of the ability of business to import labour.
If you are unaware, that's fine. Just probably better to muzzle ignorance than confirming it.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

But then your too easy to impress aren't you? You obviously are not aware of the ability of business to import labour.
If you are unaware, that's fine. Just probably better to muzzle ignorance than confirming it.
Sarcasm is obviously lost on "the troubadour", despite his/her 6000+ post count.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 4:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Now why would you state that? Do you fancy yourself as the arbitrator as to what constitutes sarcasm as well?
I do sarcasm rather well, as I have been reminded countless times over recent years. So well that it goes over your head,
perhaps it's you that needs to return to the manual of how to recognise sarcasm and how not to be offended by it??
Old Jul 8th 2020, 4:15 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously comprehension over taking your abilities, hence understand why you find, what is essentially an easy language hard. But being South African, I get your difficulty at getting
a handle on sarcasm as well. Afraid tossing a coin in the air, or similar, doesn't make me German either. Must try far harder not to arrive at false assumptions on most every commentary.
Not only that but to be reparative about faux assumptions at that.
Like I said, not your fault

It must be tough living in an English-speaking country when English is not your first language. In your case it definitely shows

I just want to add that your English is better than my German!
Old Jul 8th 2020, 4:16 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy

Asking for a friend.
Most definitely the hat
Old Jul 8th 2020, 4:18 am
Proudly Deplorable

impressed with your apparent telepathic ability
It's impressive all right
Old Jul 8th 2020, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Now why would you state that? Do you fancy yourself as the arbitrator as to what constitutes sarcasm as well?
I do sarcasm rather well, as I have been reminded countless times over recent years. So well that it goes over your head,
perhaps it's you that needs to return to the manual of how to recognise sarcasm and how not to be offended by it??
Still not hearing how you're able to judge someone's visa status just by looking at them...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.