Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia slaughtered by Bangladesh

Australia slaughtered by Bangladesh

Old Jun 18th 2005, 5:18 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australia slaughtered by Bangladesh

Old Jun 18th 2005, 5:41 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia slaughtered by Bangladesh

Ricky Ponting was looking a tad embarrassed at the after match interview

And I'm talking to myself
Old Jun 18th 2005, 5:43 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Ricky Ponting was looking a tad embarrassed at the after match interview

And I'm talking to myself
nope i`m too busy slagging my ozzie mate on the phone
Old Jun 18th 2005, 6:14 pm

A worrying display by Bangladesh. They should be putting sides like Australia to the sword far more convincingly than this if they want to mix it with the big boys like England.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 9:24 pm

A worrying display by Bangladesh. They should be putting sides like Australia to the sword far more convincingly than this if they want to mix it with the big boys like England.
Top for the benefit of Tony
Old Jun 19th 2005, 4:55 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Beautan e!! Abdul, the Bangladeshi bloke who runs the local takeaway where I lived in England must be well chuffed!
Old Jun 19th 2005, 5:51 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Don Bradman, Rolf Harris, Crocodile Dundee, Dame Edna Everage - your boys battered

Don Bradman, Rolf Harris, Crocodile Dundee, Thorpedo, Dame Edna Everage - your boys took one hell of a battering!

RICKY PONTING'S Australia were the laughing stock of world cricket last night after being humbled by minnows Bangladesh.

In one of the most incredible sporting upsets of all time, the once-mighty Aussies were stuffed by five wickets to leave fans across England laughing.

Ponting's side were ripped apart by 20-year-old Mohammad Ashraful, who hit a run-a-ball ton.

The defeat leaves the Aussies reeling ahead of today's game against England at Bristol.

Worry

Ponting admitted he was close to pressing the panic button and said: "This is probably one of the biggest upsets in cricket history and my worst defeat as captain.

"If this doesn't shake us up, nothing will. I'm a little bit worried. If you lose to Bangladesh you've got to be pretty worried. If we don't improve against England we'll have more reason to worry. We've got a lot of thinking to do, a lot of work to do and not a lot of time."

The bookies had quoted Bangladesh as 100-1 outsiders to win and Ladbrokes took just 14 bets on them worldwide.

But by the time 19-year-old Aftab Ahmed smashed Jason Gillespie's first ball of the final over for six to bring the scores level, they were nailed-on certs.

This win is up there with Buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson for the world heavyweight crown, Hereford beating Newcastle in the FA Cup and England beating Australia in the 1981 Headingley Test. Shocks don't come any bigger and Aussie legend Don Bradman must have been turning in his grave.

Ponting's side have now lost their last three games after being beaten by England in a Twenty20 game and then by Somerset.

He added: "We shored it up after losing early wickets and thought we had enough. But Ashraful batted very well and 100 off 100 balls against Australia is pretty special.

"It makes the game against England a big one now as every game will be after this. I'm pretty disappointed again."

Bangladesh coach Dav Whatmore said: "There will be a big, big party in Dhaka. It's the national sport, there are 140million of them and they want their team to do so well. The effect of this will reach far and wide."

The day started miserably for Australia, when all-rounder Andrew Symonds was pulled out of the game for disciplinary reasons.

He faces a grilling from skipper Ponting, vice-captain Adam Gilchrist, coach John Buchanan and manager Steve Bernard.

It is understood he stayed out late on Friday and was withdrawn 10 minutes before the toss.

Angry

Ponting said: "It was not a huge disruption but we've got a lot of talking to do about it tonight. I think all his team-mates will be pretty angry with him."

After choosing to bat, Australia lost Gilchrist for a second-ball duck and when Ponting was out they were 9-2.

Damien Martyn and Michael Clarke repaired some of the damage with half-centuries but with the Bangladeshis batting like men possessed it was never going to be enough.

Ponting added: "Is this setting the tone for the tour? I wouldn't go that far yet. It's not that bad but we've got to find the little things that are missing."
Old Jun 19th 2005, 7:42 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice
Talking Re: Don Bradman, Rolf Harris, Crocodile Dundee, Dame Edna Everage - your boys battered

Originally Posted by Don
Don Bradman, Rolf Harris, Crocodile Dundee, Thorpedo, Dame Edna Everage - your boys took one hell of a battering!

RICKY PONTING'S Australia were the laughing stock of world cricket last night after being humbled by minnows Bangladesh.

In one of the most incredible sporting upsets of all time, the once-mighty Aussies were stuffed by five wickets to leave fans across England laughing.

Ponting's side were ripped apart by 20-year-old Mohammad Ashraful, who hit a run-a-ball ton.

The defeat leaves the Aussies reeling ahead of today's game against England at Bristol.

Worry

Ponting admitted he was close to pressing the panic button and said: "This is probably one of the biggest upsets in cricket history and my worst defeat as captain.

"If this doesn't shake us up, nothing will. I'm a little bit worried. If you lose to Bangladesh you've got to be pretty worried. If we don't improve against England we'll have more reason to worry. We've got a lot of thinking to do, a lot of work to do and not a lot of time."

The bookies had quoted Bangladesh as 100-1 outsiders to win and Ladbrokes took just 14 bets on them worldwide.

But by the time 19-year-old Aftab Ahmed smashed Jason Gillespie's first ball of the final over for six to bring the scores level, they were nailed-on certs.

This win is up there with Buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson for the world heavyweight crown, Hereford beating Newcastle in the FA Cup and England beating Australia in the 1981 Headingley Test. Shocks don't come any bigger and Aussie legend Don Bradman must have been turning in his grave.

Ponting's side have now lost their last three games after being beaten by England in a Twenty20 game and then by Somerset.

He added: "We shored it up after losing early wickets and thought we had enough. But Ashraful batted very well and 100 off 100 balls against Australia is pretty special.

"It makes the game against England a big one now as every game will be after this. I'm pretty disappointed again."

Bangladesh coach Dav Whatmore said: "There will be a big, big party in Dhaka. It's the national sport, there are 140million of them and they want their team to do so well. The effect of this will reach far and wide."

The day started miserably for Australia, when all-rounder Andrew Symonds was pulled out of the game for disciplinary reasons.

He faces a grilling from skipper Ponting, vice-captain Adam Gilchrist, coach John Buchanan and manager Steve Bernard.

It is understood he stayed out late on Friday and was withdrawn 10 minutes before the toss.

Angry

Ponting said: "It was not a huge disruption but we've got a lot of talking to do about it tonight. I think all his team-mates will be pretty angry with him."

After choosing to bat, Australia lost Gilchrist for a second-ball duck and when Ponting was out they were 9-2.

Damien Martyn and Michael Clarke repaired some of the damage with half-centuries but with the Bangladeshis batting like men possessed it was never going to be enough.

Ponting added: "Is this setting the tone for the tour? I wouldn't go that far yet. It's not that bad but we've got to find the little things that are missing."
Quite simply -
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:07 am

Default Re: Don Bradman, Rolf Harris, Crocodile Dundee, Dame Edna Everage - your boys battere

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Quite simply -

We'll be playing them soon let's hope we keep the pressure on
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:14 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Most enjoyable moment was the six off first ball of final over!!
ROLMAO
sorry got carried away with my loathing of Mcgrath

Last edited by wengerboy; Jun 19th 2005 at 9:18 am.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by wengerboy
Most enjoyable moment was Mcgrath hit for six off first ball of final over!!
ROLMAO
It was Gillespie

Still as funny as fuck though
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:19 am
Up The Arse!!

It was Gillespie

Still as funny as fuck though
would have been sweeter if it was lee! i don`t know an ozzie who likes him let alone a pom
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:22 am

I must admit I still don't think we'll win the ashes but you know what they say.

Make hay while the sun shines
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:31 am
Up The Arse!!

I must admit I still don't think we'll win the ashes but you know what they say.

Make hay while the sun shines
winning becomes a habit and it`s this habit that the england team have become used to over the last 18 months long may it continue.
with regards australia they have inherited all the problems that we are used to on recent ashes tours back to back games discipline and also injuries doubtless they are the best team in the world but they could`nt of imagined this start in their worst nightmares :scared:
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

vandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=wengerboy]winning becomes a habit and it`s this habit that the england team have become used to over the last 18 months long may it continue.
with regards australia they have inherited all the problems that we are used to on recent ashes tours back to back games discipline and also injuries doubtless they are the best team in the world but they could`nt of imagined this start in their worst nightmares :scared:[/QUOTE

Bloomin POMS causing trouble in the aussie camp ! Good on ya Symonds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.