Australia second best quality of life in the world

Australia second best quality of life in the world

Old Jan 10th 2010, 8:24 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australia second best quality of life in the world

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Nope, not having it.

If the Irish can claim anybody who drinks Guinness and owns a wolf hound as an Irishman, and the Aussies claim anybody who can spell Qantas in under four attempts as Australian, I'm claiming ACDC as Brits.... whether they bloody like it or not.
India can have Cliff and Joanna then.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 8:29 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kporte
India can have Cliff and Joanna then.
You will have the Indians claiming we are being racist again by inflicting cruel and unusual punishments on them.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 8:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
You will have the Indians claiming we are being racist again by inflicting cruel and unusual punishments on them.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 8:58 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Been through this before. They spent their formative years here and are completely Australian and consider themselves as such. Ditto Nicole Kidman.
If you insist on birthplace=nationality, none of the following are British;

Sir Ben Kingsley
Joanna Lumley
Sir Cliff Richard
George Orwell
Rudyard Kipling
Freddy Mercury and a great many others.
This is a pointless argument. You are what you want to be.
I was only having a laugh. Must have touched a nerve.

The lead singer Brian Johnson is English and lives in the US (how is that Australian?)

Correct me if I am wrong but all of the people you have listed were either born in the British Empire to British parents or born in Britain to foreign parents. Surely this makes them British anyway?!

Not quite the same as ACDC.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 9:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
I was only having a laugh. Must have touched a nerve.

The lead singer Brian Johnson is English and lives in the US (how is that Australian?)

Correct me if I am wrong but all of the people you have listed were either born in the British Empire to British parents or born in Britain to foreign parents. Surely this makes them British anyway?!

Not quite the same as ACDC.
All born in another country. If you move to a country at 8 years old it's pretty much up to you where you consider you come from, not some people on an internet forum, was my point.
Why would it touch a nerve with me, I'm British, born and bred?
Old Jan 10th 2010, 9:14 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

All born in another country. If you move to a country at 8 years old it's pretty much up to you where you consider you come from, not some people on an internet forum, was my point.
Kingsley wasn't. The rest were born in the British Empire though.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 9:36 am
Account Closed

Kingsley wasn't. The rest were born in the British Empire though.
You're right about Kingsley, memory is not a good thing....So another country then for the rest and many more.
Again you move from the point that you are from what ever country you want to be from if you have a claim to citizenship. It is an utterly pointless debate without involving the people you are discussing.

Last edited by kporte; Jan 10th 2010 at 9:40 am.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

MDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mohogony
If Brits are better then Aussies the why is the British economy in deep recession and going down the drain while the OZ economy is booming.
What a shallow way to view the world.
Money Money Money ....

Can't buy you quality of life.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 11:59 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MDawson
What a shallow way to view the world.
Money Money Money ....

Can't buy you quality of life.
OoOoh, yes you can! These days you can even buy a greater quantity of life; new hearts and hips, kidneys and knees.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 2:23 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
Agreed.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

MDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by WillBlack
OoOoh, yes you can! These days you can even buy a greater quantity of life; new hearts and hips, kidneys and knees.
not you again...

Yes this bit is true, I just have to depend on the National Health and get that all for free.

How are you Mr WillBlack my nemissis.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Rolph Harris is an Aussie , but I like him he is a British Icon,
Whenever I see him interviewed he always speaks well about old Blighty.
And yet we accept him as Australian , we don't try to change him.

So why did that boxer have to become "Aussie Joe" ??
The English just give away their heritage to easily ..... why would you want to be a poor old pom, better to be a proud Englishman I say !!
Old Jan 10th 2010, 4:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MDawson
Rolph Harris is an Aussie , but I like him he is a British Icon,
Whenever I see him interviewed he always speaks well about old Blighty.
And yet we accept him as Australian , we don't try to change him.

So why did that boxer have to become "Aussie Joe" ??
The English just give away their heritage to easily ..... why would you want to be a poor old pom, better to be a proud Englishman I say !!
Personally I don't care where people come from. Some of my fellow Scots dislike the English. Why? For stuff that happened centuries ago? Because of the Poll tax? No idea tbh.
The Aussie need to self promote and big themselves up is very simple and not at all arrogant or sinister. I recognise it in my countrymen ( and my Chihuahua), underdog, chip on the shoulder, inferiority complex, call it what you will. You have to puff your chest out and make yourself a bit bigger, it's instinctive. You are unaware of it. It could equally be said that some English have a similar superiority complex, bred in through generations of achievement and power as one of the greatest nations on earth, from centuries back to today.
Most of the people of the places mentioned would strongly dispute this, but that is the point. It's just there. Bred in.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by No 15
Your definition of culture is different from mine.
Australia has a lot of culture, if you are that way inclined there are many, many cultural pursuits to partake of here, art and drama classes etc There is thriving music scene. They celebrate their own special evets {ie ANZAC day service} they have their own sporting code, Aussie Rules. There are museums everywhere - well in the main cities but even in small towns. I find this argument of "Australia has no culture" to be drivel.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

Freedom

You can't even let fireworks of in your back garden.
Anyone amused by letting off a firewaork is a simpleton - sorry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.