Reload this Page >

Australia second best quality of life in the world

Australia second best quality of life in the world

Old Jan 9th 2010, 11:23 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australia second best quality of life in the world

Originally Posted by MDawson
I think you would find that they would criticise it , the Brits tend not to have thir heads in the clouds and see thing for what they really are.
It's impossible to compare countries in this manor unless it's really obvious differences like Afganistan or Ethiopia for example.
There are about 30 very livable countries in the world.
But no-one likes a show-off !
It's not impossible, they do it every year. Elvis was hugely popular.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

MDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kporte
It's not impossible, they do it every year. Elvis was hugely popular.
Now I am confused...
Old Jan 9th 2010, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

MDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mohogony
Very well, look at all the Aussie actors, heath Ledger, mel Gibson, Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman and Aussie films and soaps and aussie bands and musicians over the years.. For a small country of 20m OZ has plenty of culture, Look at the latest Robin Hood film starring two Aussie Actors Russell Crowe and cate Blanchett. It seems every second hollywood film has an Aussie actor in it these days.

Also Aboriginal culture is the oldest culture in the world. The sydney Opera house the most famous Opera house in the world.

I think culture goes a lot deeper than movies , anyway Russell Crow is from New Zealand mate...
But I do like some of those actors.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

I think culture goes a lot deeper than movies , anyway Russell Crow is from New Zealand mate...
But I do like some of those actors.
Why do Australians insist on going on about themselves is this some kind of insecurity..
It's not a bad place but lets get over this who is best stuff, it's all a little schoolboyish.

There are some fantastic places on this planet , wish I could visit them all to be honest , but I don't have enough money or time .

Old Jan 9th 2010, 11:39 am
ABCDiamond

Why do Australians insist on going on about themselves is this some kind of insecurity..
It's not a bad place but lets get over this who is best stuff, it's all a little schoolboyish.
You should tell the Americans then, it was them that did the survey results

Old Jan 9th 2010, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
You should tell the Americans then, it was them that did the survey results
I'm talking outside of the survey, we all know about surveys and no-one asks us do they.
Did they ask everyone on the planet who is the best or most realiable god for example.

It's all in the mind , It's just (and no offence) that Australians look at thier country through rose coloured glasses.

I sometimes think Australianess whatever it is , is sometimes thought of as a kind of religion to some not all....so don't take this personally.

Old Jan 9th 2010, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

I'm talking outside of the survey, we all know about surveys and no-one asks us do they.
Did they ask everyone on the planet who is the best or most realiable god for example.

It's all in the mind , It's just (and no offence) that Australians look at thier country through rose coloured glasses.

I sometimes think Australianess whatever it is , is sometimes thought of as a kind of religion to some not all....so don't take this personally.

I may add that Americans think they live in the best country , well thats the impression they give us anyway ?
Old Jan 9th 2010, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you would find that they would criticise it , the Brits tend not to have thir heads in the clouds and see thing for what they really are.
Just like every other country does, the British have some people who think they are the best and can be very condescending to others
Old Jan 9th 2010, 11:58 am
ABCDiamond

I may add that Americans think they live in the best country , well thats the impression they give us anyway ?
And many British think they must be better than the Australians.

Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
And many British think they must be better than the Australians.
I haven't met any of those British who think this way?

You must have some dodgy mates.

Most Brits are down to earth and funny and not at all big headed.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 7:01 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't met any of those British who think this way?

You must have some dodgy mates.

Most Brits are down to earth and funny and not at all big headed.
Once again, you can replace the "Brits" in your last sentence with nationality of choice.
Most people around the world are decent and normal. Every single country has their idiots.
At worst I would say Australians have an inflated degree of national pride, very similar to the Scots.
Brits have a huge need to run their country down.
I don't think either trait is particularly admirable but I don't see the big deal tbh.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 7:30 pm
Banned

Neil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chadi1982
UK 100 freedom?
Australia 100 freedom
Old Jan 9th 2010, 10:02 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ABCDiamond;8228423]
Code:
The comparison rankings for each country, for each factor, are:

Factor	           Australia	 UK
Cost of Living	      56	 30
Leisure & Culture     82	 82
Economy	              71	 65
Environment	      76	 72
Freedom	             100	100
Health	              87	 84
Infrastructure	      92	 80
Risk & Safety        100	100
Climate	              87	 66
Final Score	      81 	 73
Quite interesting that AUS and UK are tied on Leisure and Culture given that most Brits head to Aus for a "better lifestyle".
Old Jan 9th 2010, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Check out International Living's website, the guys who done this survey:

We have lots of locations and opportunities on our radar screen, and part of our service to International Living members includes tours, conferences, seminars, and workshops in the places we believe make the best sense for expatriates looking beyond their own shores.

We call these "tours for the untourist." You'll find nothing like them anywhere else. On these trips, you'll be introduced to real estate agents who can tell you about the local market and take you to see properties currently for sale; expatriates already living in the country, who can tell you why they decided to make the move and what they like (and don't like) about their adopted homelands; bankers; economists; attorneys; businessmen...
How do we know International Living doesn't has any vested interests?

Who are the main advertisers and clients of International Living - bet they are in the top 10?

I think more research needs to be done on this company before we can can take this survey seriously. It just looks like an advertorial for their clients to me and not an independent survey.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 10:22 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
Quite interesting that AUS and UK are tied on Leisure and Culture given that most Brits head to Aus for a "better lifestyle".
I think they include the climate in the lifestyle thinking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.