Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia second best quality of life in the world

Australia second best quality of life in the world

Old Apr 21st 2010, 12:50 am
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of
Default Re: Australia second best quality of life in the world

Mel Gibson is American isn't he? Didn't he just live in Australia for a brief period.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 1:04 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by coolshadows
Mel Gibson is American isn't he? Didn't he just live in Australia for a brief period.
If you call 20 years a brief period. Anyway his pity much a washed up , unpopular , ageing , religious nut these days, l don't think any country wants to claim him as their own.

Last edited by mohogony; Apr 21st 2010 at 1:16 am.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
If you call 20 years a brief period. Anyway his pity much a washed up , unpopular , ageing , religious nut, drunk these days, l don't think any country wants to claim him as their own. Even that Russian model left him , l think he cheated on her.
I think that Russian bird likes collecting kids from famous men. Ugly thing.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

MDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble

Australians just steal anyone they can and call them Aussies , unless they do something wrong then they are a pom or whatever nationality they were originally , anything but Australian.

In England we allow people their identities , like Rolf Harris for example and Kylie , still perceived to be Aussies after many many years.

In Oz thy get verbaly bullied into being an Aussie or not accepted by the masses.....look at Aussie Joe Bugner ...what a Wally!!
Old Apr 21st 2010, 7:24 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Very well, look at all the Aussie actors, heath Ledger, mel Gibson, Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman and Aussie films and soaps and aussie bands and musicians over the years.. For a small country of 20m OZ has plenty of culture, Look at the latest Robin Hood film starring two Aussie Actors Russell Crowe and cate Blanchett. It seems every second hollywood film has an Aussie actor in it these days.

Also Aboriginal culture is the oldest culture in the world. The sydney Opera house the most famous Opera house in the world.
you on the drugs again ?
Old Apr 21st 2010, 7:25 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
l feel sorry for anyone married to him having to listen to all his drunken rants

Last edited by mohogony; Apr 21st 2010 at 7:31 am.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 7:41 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

The same drugs your on probably.
australia as much i like living here dosnt have any real "culture" at all,

now by this is mean my defination of culture being theatres, art gallerys museums etc, maybe this is because we were spoilt living in manchester where we had dozens of proffesional theares and theatre companies and here in SEQ almost bugger all except the Lryic in brisbane which is 90k away and raving expensive 110 bucks to see phantom early last year,
Old Apr 21st 2010, 7:48 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o

now by this is mean my defination of culture being theatres, art gallerys museums etc, maybe this is because we were spoilt living in manchester where we had dozens of proffesional theares and theatre companies and here in SEQ almost bugger all except the Lryic in brisbane which is 90k away and raving expensive 110 bucks to see phantom early last year,
I think that's a bit unfair mate! Even Brisbane has plenty of 'artsy' stuff going on...after all they built a 'Cultural Centre' for it! Seriously though, there's plenty of interesting stuff goes on in Brisbane...and some nice venues for it too. Look beyond the big ticket shows and see some of the less well known & publicised events.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 7:52 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by bcworld
I think that's a bit unfair mate! Even Brisbane has plenty of 'artsy' stuff going on...after all they built a 'Cultural Centre' for it! Seriously though, there's plenty of interesting stuff goes on in Brisbane...and some nice venues for it too. Look beyond the big ticket shows and see some of the less well known & publicised events.
o we do
we are members of our local theatre The Spotlight Theare in benora
our daughter currently teaches there as awell as having performed in several productions over the last three years, what i`m saying that comparing the gold coast to manchester is really sparse over here,
Old Apr 21st 2010, 8:35 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hang on... I'm from Manchester and "dozens of proffesional theares and theatre companies" (sic) is not how I remember it.... dozens of pubs maybe, but dozens of theaters... nahh.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 11:45 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Hang on... I'm from Manchester and "dozens of proffesional theares and theatre companies" (sic) is not how I remember it.... dozens of pubs maybe, but dozens of theaters... nahh.
very first google
http://www.manchestertheatres.com/
like i said dozens, perhaps you spent most of your time down that pub?

ps i suppose a lot of this depends on what you do in your spare time too, we were avid theatre goers, members of the octagon theatre group in Bolton and critique members for the Oldham coliseum as well as Manchester theatre card holders ( gave you half price to most opening nights ) so we spent a lot of time going to performances which is nigh impossible down here on the gold coast, like i said earlier we have the spotlight and the Narang theatre both are good but good amateur theatres

regards steve

Last edited by steve`o; Apr 21st 2010 at 12:03 pm. Reason: added a ps
Old Apr 21st 2010, 12:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

very first google
http://www.manchestertheatres.com/
like i said dozens, perhaps you spent most of your time down that pub?

ps i suppose a lot of this depends on what you do in your spare time too, we were avid theatre goers, members of the octagon theatre group in Bolton and critique members for the Oldham coliseum as well as Manchester theatre card holders ( gave you half price to most opening nights ) so we spent a lot of time going to performances which is nigh impossible down here on the gold coast, like i said earlier we have the spotlight and the Narang theatre both are good but good amateur theatres

regards steve
"australia as much i like living here dosnt have any real "culture" at all,"

The reference to Australia rather than the Gold Coast seems a bit confusing.......maybe you didn't mean that.

Maybe when a place becomes larger it reaches a population point where these things really start to take off....obviously manchester is 6 times the size of the Gold Coast and suits an indoor culture far more. Hopefully some of your family like the beach otherwise the Gold Coast seem a dodgy choice Brisbane has far more than the lyric theatre, it's worth googling to see it all, but if theatre is really important head for Melbourne. They have so many they can't use them all
Old Apr 21st 2010, 12:26 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by fish.01
"australia as much i like living here dosnt have any real "culture" at all,"

The reference to Australia rather than the Gold Coast seems a bit confusing.......maybe you didn't mean that.

Maybe when a place becomes larger it reaches a population point where these things really start to take off....obviously manchester is 6 times the size of the Gold Coast and suits an indoor culture far more. Hopefully some of your family like the beach otherwise the Gold Coast seem a dodgy choice Brisbane has far more than the lyric theatre, it's worth googling to see it all, but if theatre is really important head for Melbourne. They have so many they can't use them all
melbournes along shlep from here mate i think its would be the same as traveling from manchester to egypt ( to see a show ) perhaps not

beach thing nar dont really do that but we have bought a boat and try to get out every tuesday which is an awesone way to spend your day off
Old Apr 21st 2010, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

melbournes along shlep from here mate i think its would be the same as traveling from manchester to egypt ( to see a show ) perhaps not

beach thing nar dont really do that but we have bought a boat and try to get out every tuesday which is an awesone way to spend your day off
didn't mean travel to the theatre in melbourne on a sat night, i meant move

for better access to theatres n stuff you might be better off living in brisbane and just going to the gold coast when you need to....just a thought.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 12:33 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by fish.01
didn't mean travel to the theatre in melbourne on a sat night, i meant move

for better access to theatres n stuff you might be better off living in brisbane and just going to the gold coast when you need to....just a thought.
having spent almost three years renovating this house i think debs would have my nuts for an garden ornament if i suggested moving

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.