Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia is rubbish you know

Australia is rubbish you know

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 11:39 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australia is rubbish you know

because when i got there i was not a millionaire within 10 minutes

my house does not have 27 rooms and an olympic size swimming pool

the sun only shines 300 days a year and not 310 as stated on the brochure

i could not find a job doing nowt and getting paid 100,000 for doing it

etc etc etc

ha ha... the majority honestly do not have these illusions, the majority just want to go & find out for themselves, the majority want to see what other parts of the world have to offer and to show their kids the same.

The majority are willing to listen to constructive criticism because they know it wont be a bed of rose's.

The majority doing it also know that what you put in is what you will get back out.

Good job, nice house settled life back here, that's all well and good but we are only here the once so my thinking is lets have a damn good try at enjoying it.

i will not have the hopes & dreams of my family put down by anyone!! we will go & find out for ourselves!!

Rant over!!

Mr Madsad
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 11:54 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Good on ya Mr Madsad,

We all have our reasons for going. I bet most including us are going for the same sorts of reasons that you have stated in your post. I wish you and your family all the best.

Sarah
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 11:56 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by teach
Good on ya Mr Madsad,

We all have our reasons for going. I bet most including us are going for the same sorts of reasons that you have stated in your post. I wish you and your family all the best.

Sarah
Thankyou Sarah, same to you & your's, as i said constructive criticism is fine, negativity is not.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 12:01 pm
Tasmanian Devils

Chris Bailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australia is rubbish you know

The majority doing it also know that what you put in is what you will get back out.

Hi Madsad,

I could not have put it better, you only get out of life what you put into it. If you fill your world full of dread and despair you will only get it back.

Life is what you make it, we are moving to Taz in 21 days, I have heard all the lows but there are also highs which I and my family intend to find, best of luck to you all

Christine
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 12:01 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Only 300?

Over at "Someone who shall rename nameless" place the sun shines from somewhere 365 days a year.

Siren's better half
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 12:04 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Chris Bailey

Hi Madsad,

I could not have put it better, you only get out of life what you put into it. If you fill your world full of dread and despair you will only get it back.

Life is what you make it, we are moving to Taz in 21 days, I have heard all the lows but there are also highs which I and my family intend to find, best of luck to you all

Christine

What made you choose Tasmania?

Siren's better half
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 12:10 pm
Tasmanian Devils

Originally posted by Siren
What made you choose Tasmania?

Siren's better half
Hi Siren's better half, why Tasmania? well we really looked into a lot of other states but for us Tasmania just seemed to hit the mark. The weather is very changeable yes, but we did live in Cyprus for 3 years and the weather was unbearable, go green etc.. We really like having 4 seasons, open spaces, views to die for, fresh air. The rainforests and diverse landscapes, I know I sound like an eco friendly person, but honestly we just love the outdoor life, I have one daughter who is totally outdoor person, horse riding, cycling, climbing trees etc.. she loves beaches and animals as we all do, but she is at home in the countryside surrounded by forests, animals etc.. So Tassie seemed to have it all for us.

I believe we can settle there no problem, the people are really friendly and life may be hard but it is what you make it. If things don't work out we could always move to the mainland but I dont envisage that really.

Take care

Christine
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 12:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Christine,
Just wanted to wish you happiness in Tasmania - its an island I adore, and I would love to settle there, well who knows what the future holds.It was the first place in Aus I visited, and for a time I thought I would be moving to Aus to live there.
Many Aussies scoff at it, but it has a spirit all of its own. Anyone who doubts me should take a trip there and just revel in the tranquility and the stunning scenery. Brisbane may have its good points, but it just can't compare!
Whichever part you are headed for, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 12:13 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

This is one Aussie that scoffs at it. People who drive 70 in a 100 zone are bad I tell you, bad!
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 12:14 pm

Originally posted by Chris Bailey
Hi Siren's better half, why Tasmania? well we really looked into a lot of other states but for us Tasmania just seemed to hit the mark. The weather is very changeable yes, but we did live in Cyprus for 3 years and the weather was unbearable, go green etc.. We really like having 4 seasons, open spaces, views to die for, fresh air. The rainforests and diverse landscapes, I know I sound like an eco friendly person, but honestly we just love the outdoor life, I have one daughter who is totally outdoor person, horse riding, cycling, climbing trees etc.. she loves beaches and animals as we all do, but she is at home in the countryside surrounded by forests, animals etc.. So Tassie seemed to have it all for us.

I believe we can settle there no problem, the people are really friendly and life may be hard but it is what you make it. If things don't work out we could always move to the mainland but I dont envisage that really.

Take care

Christine

Tasmania sounds perfect then for you. Plus its only an eight hour boat trip with your car to Melbourne. Hope all goes well
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 12:40 pm
Tasmanian Devils

Originally posted by Ulujain
This is one Aussie that scoffs at it. People who drive 70 in a 100 zone are bad I tell you, bad!

Ulujain, if you saw my wifes driving you would send her there also......

Christopher
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 2:02 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by madsad because when i got there i was not a millionaire within 10 minutes

etc etc etc
poor u, i had all this in 5 minutes !!!
to be honest, i came here for the weather. do u think kong has an answer for that
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 2:32 pm
kong

Originally posted by soapy
poor u, i had all this in 5 minutes !!!
to be honest, i came here for the weather. do u think kong has an answer for that
Sure the weather is great if you enjoy long hot humid summers with sudden violent storms that take your roof flying towards NZ.
The self igniting bushland is also a fantastic part of the scorching summer temps. If I want hot weather I can get a cheapo 2 week med break, the summers over there crap on the Aussie humid wet heat. The beer and food is better too, plus you dont have to put up with loud mouthed Aussies constantly telling you how lucky you are to be there.

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 2:34 pm
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

Or indeed loud mouthed Aussies in this country as well.

Kong.......what nationality is your Sheila again????
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all

Originally posted by madsad
because when i got there i was not a millionaire within 10 minutes

OK, just read this post, please could one of the experts comment on this as I am REALLY freakin out now, our whole future looks to be going down the toilet.

PLEASE help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.