Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia radio on the web!!

Australia radio on the web!!

Old Jan 5th 2003, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

guyguy2003 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Australia radio on the web!!

listen to local radio stations in australia over the net, i found this site and wanted to share

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~melsamba/radioaus00.htm

I became a fan of Sea FM from the gold coast great station !

cheers!!

Guy
Old Jan 5th 2003, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australia radio on the web!!

Thanks, I've been listening to Adelaide radio for the past hour and they said the weather is 36 degrees and same for the week. Hot! Just to hear aussie accents is great!

Mash..
Originally posted by guyguy2003
listen to local radio stations in australia over the net, i found this site and wanted to share

cheers!!

Guy
Old Jan 5th 2003, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

I can't really make the difference from a british accent to an aussie one!!
36 degrees??? :O sounds like a melt pot!
:scared:
:lecture:
Old Jan 5th 2003, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

Yeah its gonna be 37 today - in the shade - just another hot sunny day here in Adelaide

Oh and thats a great link thanks so much - I just wish Triple MMM would broadcast live on the net as they are the most popular station here in Adelaide. 104.7 FM
Old Jan 5th 2003, 9:08 pm
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mashiraz
Thanks, I've been listening to Adelaide radio for the past hour and they said the weather is 36 degrees and same for the week. Hot! Just to hear aussie accents is great!

Mash..

Hi Mash,

Did you get it in time to hear 'Waltzing Matilda no more'. If I can get the lyrics I may just do a Pommie B. and paste them here....

Perry
Old Jan 5th 2003, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

I also wish they had better quality, i have 128K (ntl) and really want to hear better quality... but you cant have it all as they say
Old Jan 5th 2003, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Broadband playing loud and clear...and no I didn't hear waltzin matilda, but there was alot of other crap for a while....

I'll await your version
Mash..

I also wish they had better quality, i have 128K (ntl) and really want to hear better quality... but you cant have it all as they say
Old Jan 6th 2003, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

Default matilda?

whats with this matilda name, a site called gomatilda and now this, was she a person connected to australia or something?
Old Jan 6th 2003, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Inked is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the link to the Australia radio on the web. I have been really missing the Radio, particularly JOY FM.. a great Melbourne community radio station – I’m biased of course as I spent 6 months working there as a volunteer last year (6 month holiday, waiting for my PR.. which I now have) and will be doing so once I return in March. Its unfortunate that as a community station, it can’t afford to web cast but Nova or JJJ will do as a substitute <grin> .
Incidentally, whilst talking of volunteering, I thoroughly recommend doing volunteer work at least for a spell in Australia, for me it really made me feel part of a community and I now have many friends in Melbourne as a result. Also got to do presenting, program production and support, all of which had never been open to me in the UK.

Joe

cheers!!

Guy
Old Jan 6th 2003, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Inked is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the link to the Australia radio on the web. I have been really missing the Radio, particularly JOY FM.. a great Melbourne community radio station – I’m biased of course as I spent 6 months working there as a volunteer last year (6 month holiday, waiting for my PR.. which I now have) and will be doing so once I return in March. Its unfortunate that as a community station, it can’t afford to web cast but Nova or JJJ will do as a substitute <grin> .
Incidentally, whilst talking of volunteering, I thoroughly recommend doing volunteer work at least for a spell in Australia, for me it really made me feel part of a community and I now have many friends in Melbourne as a result. Also got to do presenting, program production and support, all of which had never been open to me in the UK.

Joe

cheers!!

Guy