Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia Questions

Australia Questions

Old Aug 4th 2009, 4:12 pm
wanting an adventure

Brit Princess xxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australia Questions

Heyya I'm Yasmin and I'm 16 years old. My mum doesnt have this unfortunately so I'll type for her.

A few years back we applied for a visa to move to australia, we were accepted did out first landing etc. Then due to problems at home mum decided not to move, we have one more year on the visa and she is considering moving again to australia.

Thing is she is worried about education for me my brother and sister. I've just finished my GCSES, my brother will be starting them next year and my sister is only 11 and starting highschool. She is worried if we uproot our lives in England and move to australia it will mess up our school educations.

She is also a teacher and has heard that finding a permanent teaching job in australia is difficult. Could you guys give her any advice?

In addition, in your experience what would a nice 4 bedroom house in Brisbane cost approximately? We have been looking online but have only seen ones with really large open plans and smallish rooms.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated thankyou xx Yasmin
Old Aug 4th 2009, 5:34 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia Questions

Hi Yasmin,
First of all, get your mum to search here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80
This is the Teachers section of the forum and she can ask loads of questions on there.
When I went to live in Brisbane in August 3 years ago (we're back in the UK now), my kids were 17, 16 and 14. The eldest had just sat her AS Levels, the next one had just sat his GCSE's and the youngest was about to start her GCSE's. They had no problem fitting in at school. The eldest would have gone to college the following January, and the other two went into Year 11 and Year 10, basically repeating a year and then doing the final Oz exams.
You'll need to decide which part of Brisbane you will be living in and then doing research on the schools in the area. They all have websites.
When Brisbane wakes up (it's the middle of the night there now), someone living there will be along to be of more help to you.
Have you been on to www.realestate.com.au or www.domain.com.au for housing info?

Julie. x