Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia the promised land

Australia the promised land

Old Aug 19th 2004, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Alan101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Australia the promised land

I have just recently joined this group,and can only say that Ifind most of the posts interesting and informative.
For all the Austrailians,expats who live in Australia all I can say is I envy your life style !!!!
it has taken me and my husband the best part of our married life to realise that at some point in your life there is more to life then money.
we travel to Australia 2-3 times a year and visit my sister,we have applied to migrate and are pre 1st july applicants,we too feel angry and dismayed about the way events are turning out, but we will patiently wait for our turn, we are not worried about the job situation, we are saving and know that we will not find a job strightaway,we have sold our house and the funds are in an australian bank just waiting for the day to come when we no longer have to leave the promised landafter a few weeks.

All we would like to add is that We left Australia on 12th july 2004 and upon landing back in the uk re-booked our flights to arrive christmas day,a bbq on the beach is in order.
look forward to reading more interesting things
Dawn
Old Aug 19th 2004, 7:10 pm
kong

Default Re: Australia the promised land

Originally Posted by Alan101
I have just recently joined this group,and can only say that Ifind most of the posts interesting and informative.
For all the Austrailians,expats who live in Australia all I can say is I envy your life style !!!!
it has taken me and my husband the best part of our married life to realise that at some point in your life there is more to life then money.
we travel to Australia 2-3 times a year and visit my sister,we have applied to migrate and are pre 1st july applicants,we too feel angry and dismayed about the way events are turning out, but we will patiently wait for our turn, we are not worried about the job situation, we are saving and know that we will not find a job strightaway,we have sold our house and the funds are in an australian bank just waiting for the day to come when we no longer have to leave the promised landafter a few weeks.

All we would like to add is that We left Australia on 12th july 2004 and upon landing back in the uk re-booked our flights to arrive christmas day,a bbq on the beach is in order.
Dawn

Yeah, yeah its all great here.

The sun shines 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!! I work a 10 hour week for 30000 dollars a day!!!! I live in a house double the size of Buck House and the locals come around mine every day for non stop BBQ and Pool parties.

Australia beets crappy Britain any day.

Old Aug 19th 2004, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

pauli71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dawn
Forgive my ignorance but what happened on the 1st July, and why were you angry and dismayed?
Old Aug 19th 2004, 7:11 pm
togooff&things

Talking Re: Australia the promised land

Dawn
Welcome. It's nice to hear that Oz can be called the promised land. We're migrating but have never even visited. Loads of usefull information on this site. Also a few differences of opinion time to time - healthy stuff really. But ocassionally makes you wonder how much better than UK if at all it really is. Nice to hear a possitive from someone who has visited, one more than us anyway. Hope you enjoy it here. I do - so much to learn from each other.

Old Aug 19th 2004, 7:13 pm
togooff&things

Originally Posted by kong

The sun shines 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!! I work a 10 hour week for 30000 dollars a day!!!! I live in a house double the size of Buck House and the locals come around mine every day for non stop BBQ and Pool parties.

AHAH! Kong illustrates my point beautifully, before I can even draw breath!

Old Aug 19th 2004, 7:14 pm
togooff&things

Originally Posted by pauli71
Forgive my ignorance but what happened on the 1st July, and why were you angry and dismayed?

Change of policy regarding processing times - look in other threads.

Old Aug 19th 2004, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

pauli71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool ! do they need any more staff where you work.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 7:31 pm
kong

Yeah apply to

Dreamland express Pty
666 Rosetinted Avenue
innayouradramsadulla

Old Aug 19th 2004, 7:34 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

You will get used to Kong. He didn't like Aus & makes sure everyome knows about it. Personally I think it was the spiders that put him off.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 7:48 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
You will get used to Kong. He didn't like Aus & makes sure everyome knows about it. Personally I think it was the spiders that put him off.

ha ha! Welcome to the forum you two, otherwise known as the madhouse. There are many addicts here, but there are people who can help us!
Hope you get your Visa's very soon!

Lucy
x
Old Aug 19th 2004, 7:54 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. You'll get used to Kong. At least he livens the place up.

I've spent nearly two years in Oz, it's a great place, but only as great as you make it. Some make it work, others don't. It's your dream to live, so don't let others put you off.

Paul.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 8:11 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Australia the promised land

Kong your back!! hurrah hurrah hurrah. i missed you like a Rangers fan will miss Larsson.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 8:38 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Good on you Kong.

Too many 'Dreamers' around at the moment.

Toot Toot!!

G
Old Aug 19th 2004, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

Hi Dawn & Alan,

I hope you are intelligent enough to rise above some of the miserable gits on here who like to down anything Australian.

I see from reading your first posting that you have visited Australia several times and so are probably more familiar with what to expect from life in Australia than some on this forum would like to think you are.

Take no notice, there are plenty of us on here who are helpful, interested, and also keen to try something different. We, like you, also have family in Australia and are also looking forward to joining them.

If I hated Australia as much as some of these guys, I wouldn't be wasting all of my spare time on this forum, bleating on about how crap it is out there. There must be more to life, eh? Or maybe not, for them.

Sandy
Old Aug 19th 2004, 8:43 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
Good on you Kong.

Too many 'Dreamers' around at the moment.

Toot Toot!!

G

Im curious.....why is it that when people have positive things to say about Oz, they are "dreamers" or are looking with "rose tinted specs"....but when people complain about the people that post negative remarks...the posters get all up in arms saying that its just their opinion....they are entitled to post the negative bits to create a balance.....balance is just that....GOOD and bad....

Isnt the positive posters entitled to their opinion without being called "dreamers"???

Hels
xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.