Reload this Page >

Australia PR extension denied

Australia PR extension denied

Old Dec 8th 2003, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

hitocanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australia PR extension denied

Hi,

I post this message on my friend's behalf.....

I was refused for my resident return visa to return back to Australia ( either 5 years or 3 months ) recently. In the last 5 years I stayed around 9 months and left Australia to join my family ( during the process of spouse of my spouse migration visa ).

Is there any suggestions to get the visa ? pls. advise.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 5:56 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia PR extension denied

Originally posted by hitocanada
I was refused for my resident return visa to return back to Australia ( either 5 years or 3 months ) recently. In the last 5 years I stayed around 9 months and left Australia to join my family ( during the process of spouse of my spouse migration visa ).

Is there any suggestions to get the visa ? pls. advise.
Your friend has obviously failed to satisfy the requirements for a grant of an RRV. It is unlikely that he/she will be able to successfully apply for an RRV judging from the brief facts presented. I would ask your friend to approach a registered migration agent to see what are the next steps available to him/her, but I would also add that he/she shouldn't get his/her hopes too high.

Peter
Old Dec 8th 2003, 7:59 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Australia PR extension denied

Originally posted by ptlabs
Your friend has obviously failed to satisfy the requirements for a grant of an RRV. It is unlikely that he/she will be able to successfully apply for an RRV judging from the brief facts presented. I would ask your friend to approach a registered migration agent to see what are the next steps available to him/her, but I would also add that he/she shouldn't get his/her hopes too high.

Peter
I agree with Peter, My PR visa had expired when I came back to OZ, and I had a very difficult time in staying here again.
I had been in OZ for 3 years out of the 5, UK for the other 2.
My wife is Australian Citizen
My daughter is Australian Citizen
We owned a house in OZ, although in my wifes name.
We had been married for 10 years.

And I had difficulties !! As Peter said, don't let him get his hopes up !

Old Dec 8th 2003, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bit confused by all this, my visa runs out in January and as I have not met the requirements by staying 2 years out of the 5, I am only able to get a 3 month RRV.

If we (I) didnt return in the 3 months my visa becomes invalid. However I though that as Donna has her own independant visa (with 4 years to run), I could apply for a spouse visa. Is this not the case? or am I misunderstanding this.

We had intended calling in at the immigration place so that I could apply for spouse visa while we are here. Figured its easier than doing it from UK.

Last edited by karawara88; Dec 8th 2003 at 8:36 am.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 8:48 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RRV refusal

There is nothing to stop you applying for a fresh Permanet Residence visa after being refused any other visa application.