Australia now an "angry nation"

Wikiposts

Australia now an "angry nation"

Old Nov 2nd 2003, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

SeanH is an unknown quantity at this point

That is how news is done everywhere.

Some days are slow - and some are not.

But you still need to fill the show with something.

~Sean

Originally posted by Andiii
Eeek, people are so critical of my posts today...

My opinion was just that, my opinion.

I didn't say it was an Australian thing. But even throughout the news, there are little tid bits of mundane news like that.

Sometimes there even repeats of the same stories (same dialogue, footage) from the previous night, or the night before that.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 4:01 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: sport

Originally posted by SeanH
Hodgson is world champion in GP's ?
What GP's are you talking about here.?

~Sean
obvviouslydon't know your motor racing do you .. oops sorry an ozzie didn't win..lol , pity because when the Aussie was up there you heard about him didn't you... proves my point!

you are not in Aus... I can tell by your comments, because anyone just anyone would know what I was talking about when it comes to news and sports... they only comment on wins..

Last edited by Ceri; Nov 2nd 2003 at 4:04 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Andiii is an unknown quantity at this point

That is how news is done everywhere. SeanH.
Okay, okay, I am dumb.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Neil Hodgson the 2003 World Superbike Champion.

that is NOT GP Bikes.

But you were close.

~Sean

Originally posted by Ceri
obvviouslydon't know your motor racing do you .. oops sorry an ozzie didn't win..lol , pity because when the Aussie was up there you heard about him didn't you... proves my point!

you are not in Aus... I can tell by your comments, because anyone just anyone would know what I was talking about when it comes to news and sports... tehy only comment on wins..
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Is this considered Tautology.?
Just Kidding -

~Sean

---------------------------------

Okay, okay, I am dumb.

Old Nov 2nd 2003, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell Sean, you really have got it in for British sport today. There really isn't any need to promote Aussie superiority. It doesn't prove anything. We agree that funding in Britain is an issue. Does this need to turn into a list of who's won what? It seems rather immmature. You've given a rather selective list of sports - was that intentional or just a list off the top of your head? I could probably add another 100 sports to that!

Interesting that you can only quote soccer since 1966 - again what does that prove?

I also must disagree with Britain is cr*p at sport.. it just seems that way. Here In Aus they only report on their wins.. you can almost put your bottom dollar on if the news doesn't mentioned who won - it is a Brit that has won.
Have to agree with your points on the media covergae Ceri - England's tri-nations win over Australia earlier this year got little mention in the press. Yet even in Septmeber - 7 months after the event - they were still promoting Australia's "historic victory" over England" in the February football friendly. I lost count of the number of TV ads I saw for the video of said event for Father's Day gifts this Septmeber ("capture on video the Socceroo's historic win over England...".)

I can't imagine a Pom ever buying a video of a friendly.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 4:09 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Neil Hodgson the 2003 World Superbike Champion.

that is NOT GP Bikes.

But you were close.

~Sean
slip of the tongue. love.. hubby is having a fit with me now .(bike nutter) , well anyway... hodgson to you darlin'
wanna try the scot and the welshman ... rally car.. and how about our lovely hurdler .. who nobody has beaten ..

you ars behind in Motor sport...

get real!!!!!

Last edited by Ceri; Nov 2nd 2003 at 4:13 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Nothing to do with Australian superiority - more like showing that English sport is pathetic - which is not really a point that can be argued against with any logic.

Go right ahead and list the other 100 sports and I will bet that that England is pathetic at all that 100 as well.

We can go for soccer from the start of the World Championships if you like - that would increase the number to what - 1.

And lets face it - maybe English people should start buying videos of friendlies - because they hardly ever win when it counts in soccer.

But I digress - it is not a negative to be good at sport - which is basically the point that I was making.

~Sean

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Bloody hell Sean, you really have got it in for British sport today. There really isn't any need to promote Aussie superiority. It doesn't prove anything. We agree that funding in Britain is an issue. Does this need to turn into a list of who's won what? It seems rather immmature. You've given a rather selective list of sports - was that intentional or just a list off the top of your head? I could probably add another 100 sports to that!

Interesting that you can only quote soccer since 1966 - again what does that prove?

Have to agree with your points on the media covergae Ceri - England's tri-nations win over Australia earlier this year got little mention in the press. Yet even in Septmeber - 7 months after the event - they were still promoting Australia's "historic victory" over England" in the February football friendly. I lost count of the number of TV ads I saw for the video of said event for Father's Day gifts this Septmeber ("capture on video the Socceroo's historic win over England...".)

I can't imagine a Pom ever buying a video of a friendly.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

There are NO current English, Welsh, Scottish or Irish World Champions in Athletics.

But the Best English sprinter is quite good at taking steroids.

Ars behind - sounds rather painful to me

~Sean

slip of the tongue. love.. hubby is having a fit with me now .(bike nutter) , well anyway... hodgson to you darlin'
wanna try the scot and the welshman ... rally car.. and how about our lovely hurdler .. who nobody has beaten ..

you ars behind in Motor sport...

get real!!!!!
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 4:25 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Nothing to do with Australian superiority - more like showing that English sport is pathetic - which is not really a point that can be argued against with any logic.

Go right ahead and list the other 100 sports and I will bet that that England is pathetic at all that 100 as well.

We can go for soccer from the start of the World Championships if you like - that would increase the number to what - 1.

And lets face it - maybe English people should start buying videos of friendlies - because they hardly ever win when it counts in soccer.

But I digress - it is not a negative to be good at sport - which is basically the point that I was making.

~Sean
You know.. I've never ever supported England in my life... this cup if they win over us in the quarters (Wales)... I'm backing them all the way!!! Go get them England... wipe that smug grin off ther face.

I'd never thought I'd be saying that.. but I'm fed up with the arrogance here. They have got it in for England big time

Ireland to you... idiots (aussies not ireland) ! one bl**ding point!Ireland were the better team

Last edited by Ceri; Nov 2nd 2003 at 4:30 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 4:32 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

There are NO current English, Welsh, Scottish or Irish World Champions in Athletics.

Ars behind - sounds rather painful to me

~Sean
The world hurdler.. record.. you may want a look at that.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

~Sean
Maybe he's mates with Shane Warne?

You seem to be labouring the point about Britian not having track and field world champs - is there a point? We have current Olympic T&F champs. We have world champions at things other than track & field. Your selective filtering of sports and titles is really doing your argument no good.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 4:46 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

he is wrong .. try collin jackson (that's what I was on about ) welsh hurdler who still has not been beaten... nobody is near his class the world record... he today is still the record holder. He retired last year, or was it the year bfore last... nobody can touch his record,

Britain are way above Aus in track
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

he is wrong .. try collin jackson (that's what I was on about ) welsh hurdler who still has not been beaten... nobody is near his class the world record... he today is still the record holder. He retired last year, or was it the year bfore last... nobody can touch his record,

Britain are way above Aus in track
And Denise Lewis....current Olympic champion.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.