Reload this Page >

Australia Needs Skills Expo?

Australia Needs Skills Expo?

Old May 16th 2009, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

beachlou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australia Needs Skills Expo?

Hi Everyone,

I have come across this Expo in London in June being held by DIAC. What do you think? Is it worth going if your skill is on the CSL List?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skillexpos/overseas.htm

You have to register, but it looks like it could be worthwhile.
Old May 17th 2009, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Australia Needs Skills Expo?

Is anyone thinking of going?
Old May 17th 2009, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by beachlou
I've registered but heard nothing yet.
You have to be invited and I'm not sure if they let you know if you have not been picked. They've cancelled one of these this year, they'll be having 1 event rather than 2 and given the cut backs on visas those that are picked will be lucky.
Old May 17th 2009, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

There is a thread on this in the immigration forum. We went last year, but only had our invite about 2 weeks before the event. You get a 15 min time slot to enter the building and are allowed 2 hours there. Only the person invited can go in, no partners/friends. Have a quick search on the immigration one anyway and you'll find the other random stuff that I put on there.
Old May 17th 2009, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beachlou
havent you got the hint yet.
Old May 17th 2009, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tubbs2Oz
There is a thread on this in the immigration forum. We went last year, but only had our invite about 2 weeks before the event. You get a 15 min time slot to enter the building and are allowed 2 hours there. Only the person invited can go in, no partners/friends. Have a quick search on the immigration one anyway and you'll find the other random stuff that I put on there.
That's great, thanks for the information. Didn't realise there was another thread about it-I did a search but nothing came up.
Old May 18th 2009, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

Hi Beachlou,

I found it for you.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587014

First time I've posted a link I think, so see if it works.
Old May 19th 2009, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

My OH went last year and found it to be pretty much a waste of time but then again by that stage we were already quite far into the process and had probably found out most of the info we needed from the internet and contacts.

So I reckon, it depends on what stage you are at, as to whether it may be helpful?

Sam