Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia like Usa?

Australia like Usa?

Old May 20th 2009, 9:39 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Australia like Usa?

Originally Posted by innojuk
Would that be the same Australia where the elected leader stated that 'This is a Christian Country and if you don't like it you can leave'????
No. That was a hoax, originally produced for an American audience and subsequently edited (albeit poorly) for an Australian audience.

Unlike the UK, Australia has no state religion.

The same Australia that has the fastest growing Christian Church attendance in the World (2008 figures)??
Source? And, more importantly, relevance?
Old May 20th 2009, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

edman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australia like Usa?

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Never ever met an American thats living in Oz. I know of a few Canadians. Being a poms bad enough but Id hate to be an American in Australia. Do Americans ever emigrate?
Lots on gold coast at Bond uni. They even have a proper mexican burrito store at Varsity run by a dude from NY and its damn good. There are some permanents in the area with movie world etc but mostly students...I guess they dont seem to want to live in Aus en-mass lie us paddys n poms eh?
Old May 20th 2009, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by edman
Lots on gold coast at Bond uni. They even have a proper mexican burrito store at Varsity run by a dude from NY and its damn good. There are some permanents in the area with movie world etc but mostly students...I guess they dont seem to want to live in Aus en-mass lie us paddys n poms eh?
LOL! Looks that way but Ive never met any residents paddies either. Where are ya's hiding?
Old May 20th 2009, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

edman is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL! Looks that way but Ive never met any residents paddies either. Where are ya's hiding?
Funny bugger ! It's worse than home...cant spot paddys or poms there haha
Old May 20th 2009, 11:49 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Do Americans ever emigrate?
one or two here:

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/
Old May 20th 2009, 12:03 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Do Americans ever emigrate?
Americans "move" more than any other people, but they move long distances within their own country. If you are looking for hot weather and beaches, you go to Florida, Calif, Texas, the Carolinas, etc. If you are looking for big city life you move to NYC, Chicago, LA. If you are looking for the perfect climate you move to San Diego. If you are looking for the exotic, you move to Hawaii. If you want wide open spaces, you move to the great plains. If you want to snow ski, you go to the Rocky mountains. If you want to make wine you go to the Napa Valley. If you want to be a beach bum, you go to Key West. Get the idea? You don't have to go through immigration to find a different lifestyle.

If an American emigrated to UK, he would hate the weather, not enjoy the crowds or the high price of housing, be shocked at the smallness of houses, dumbfounded at the price of petrol, have to go abroad for snow skiing and holidays, have to pay to park the car, bag his own groceries - you get the drift. (oh, and I forgot, he would have to put up with anti-Americanism).
Old May 20th 2009, 12:49 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
If an American emigrated to UK, he would hate the weather, not enjoy the crowds or the high price of housing, be shocked at the smallness of houses, dumbfounded at the price of petrol, have to go abroad for snow skiing and holidays, have to pay to park the car, bag his own groceries - you get the drift. (oh, and I forgot, he would have to put up with anti-Americanism).
If?
there are apparently almost a quarter of a million Americans currently living in the UK, and if the posts at the link I posted above are at all representative, some of them actually (gasp) like it there.
Old May 20th 2009, 1:33 pm
Banned

srah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mallory
Wrong.

I know many American families that have emigrated to the UK over the years as they much prefer the relaxed way of life/working conditions etc etc.

They still comment on the UK's wonderful temperate climate having lived amongst annual hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes etc etc.

Families travel to the north of the UK for winter sports.

I would say they seems to enjoy the UK....far from hating it as you say.
Old May 20th 2009, 1:36 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by srah
Wrong.

I know many American families that have emigrated to the UK over the years as they much prefer the relaxed way of life/working conditions etc etc.

They still comment on the UK's wonderful temperate climate having lived amongst annual hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes etc etc.

Families travel to the north of the UK for winter sports.

I would say they seems to enjoy the UK....far from hating it as you say.
chacun à son goût. remember this phrase, because it is the most important thing you will ever absorb.
Old May 20th 2009, 1:41 pm
Banned

srah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kporte
chacun à son goût.
Exactly.

BTW it's Mallory that would do well to remember that...I know it!
Old May 20th 2009, 1:42 pm
Account Closed

Exactly.

BTW it's Mallory that would do well to remember that...I know it!
Mais oui!
Old May 20th 2009, 1:44 pm
Banned

Mais oui!
Bien sur!
Old May 20th 2009, 1:48 pm
Account Closed

Bien sur!
stop! That's all i've got!
Old May 20th 2009, 1:56 pm
Banned

stop! That's all i've got!
Old May 20th 2009, 2:13 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
I've got a stalker!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.