Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia labour shortage update

Australia labour shortage update

Old Mar 22nd 2006, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

goldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nice
Default Australia labour shortage update

Source: http://www.workpermit.com

A heavy duty diesel fitter is the most needed employee in the country, commanding a salary from $150,000, according to the head of one of the largest employers of tradesmen in Australia, Phil Smart.

Engineers, accountants, electrical estimators, draftsmen and bakers are also in high demand in all parts of the country, particularly regional areas.

The managing director of the Brisbane-based Workpac said diesel fitters easily bring in $150,000-plus as long as they were prepared to fly in and fly out of jobs at remote locations, mostly in the mining sector.

"The most important thing about the skills shortage is to understand that it is a Western world shortage and likely to be there for some time to come – it is not a trend and we will be in a skills shortage for the foreseeable future which will be at least 10 years," Mr Smart said.

Read on here if you are interested . . .

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2006_...age_update.htm

- Gayle
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Australia labour shortage update

Originally Posted by goldcoastrealestate
Source: http://www.workpermit.com

A heavy duty diesel fitter is the most needed employee in the country, commanding a salary from $150,000, according to the head of one of the largest employers of tradesmen in Australia, Phil Smart.

Engineers, accountants, electrical estimators, draftsmen and bakers are also in high demand in all parts of the country, particularly regional areas.

The managing director of the Brisbane-based Workpac said diesel fitters easily bring in $150,000-plus as long as they were prepared to fly in and fly out of jobs at remote locations, mostly in the mining sector.

"The most important thing about the skills shortage is to understand that it is a Western world shortage and likely to be there for some time to come – it is not a trend and we will be in a skills shortage for the foreseeable future which will be at least 10 years," Mr Smart said.

Read on here if you are interested . . .

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2006_...age_update.htm

- Gayle
I went to one of the expo's in London. When I told them I was a fitter they all nearly shat themselves with excitement. Unfortunately I am the wrong kind of fitter and they wiped themselves clean and told me to P**S off
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

:d Pmsl....you Card You
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 6:52 pm
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The S's
I went to one of the expo's in London. When I told them I was a fitter they all nearly shat themselves with excitement. Unfortunately I am the wrong kind of fitter and they wiped themselves clean and told me to P**S off
I bet their faces were a right picture! Did you take a picture of it?
LOL
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rachel & Paul
I bet their faces were a right picture! Did you take a picture of it?
LOL
Seriously though, every body I spoke to was interested in diesel fitters. If thats your game then they will drag you in kicking and screaming. I think a lot of the unglamourous dirty jobs are highly under manned.
There was a lot of people there in IT and nobody at all wanted to speak to them. It was nearly all for trades people, which was nice