Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia here we come

Australia here we come

Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future
Default Australia here we come

Well our family are at the start of a very long and scary journey having just applied for skills assessment and thank goodness that I've found this forum, because most of the threads I've read mirror what myself and my partner are feeling, are we doing the right thing, how can we take the children away from there grandparents etc. etc. But having read the info about Perth I know we are doing the right thing! I myself have never been to Australia but my partner has and since the day he came back he has vowed that one day he will return. Well just wanted to say hi. It seems like a friendly place - and thanks to the magazine New Life Abroad which gave me the link to here.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:29 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice
Default Re: Australia here we come

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
Well our family are at the start of a very long and scary journey having just applied for skills assessment and thank goodness that I've found this forum, because most of the threads I've read mirror what myself and my partner are feeling, are we doing the right thing, how can we take the children away from there grandparents etc. etc. But having read the info about Perth I know we are doing the right thing! I myself have never been to Australia but my partner has and since the day he came back he has vowed that one day he will return. Well just wanted to say hi. It seems like a friendly place - and thanks to the magazine New Life Abroad which gave me the link to here.
Lindsey,

Let me be the 1s to say Hi and welcome you to this nightmare that is immigration!!
Enjoy your stay!

Rob
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Hi....This site is great for getting all the information and support that you need...Many people here are like yourself in that they had never been to Oz before they emigrated (me included!) and are making their way through all the normal stuff that moving to another country unveils...

Nothing ventured nothing gained...Perth is meant to be a fab placed to be, especially for families!

Good luck!
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
Hi and welcome. its a great site but its very addictive.

Good luck with everything

Paula.
Cheshire.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome!

Good luck on your adventure!!!