Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia...the good life...

Australia...the good life...

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Hello HUP

I am not sure if you were referring to me in your last post or not, but i would like to clarify that i am a genuine new poster.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No, wouldn't have been you Podgypossum. Once you've been on the forum longer you'll find there are some people who pop up under new identities (and may even argue with themselves) in an attempt to stir up the rest of us. Don't worry, you come over as a totally genuine newbie! Just a shame that such a promising post got hijacked.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Yeah..thanx Polly...i'm sure i'll get over it!!!

Can you clarify that your husband to be is an aussie???

I got smitten with a Kiwi and married him in UK. We celebrated our third wedding anniversary last week. He is the reason i am in the southern hemisphere. Best thing i ever did.

Hope all goes well for you...i think you deserve it
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:45 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, born and bred Queenslander! Something about the accent that turns my knees to jelly!

Congrats on your anniversary - hope we are going to be as happy as you sound!
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

pjr55 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Notandaussie Take a look in the mirror you sorry pathetic excuse for a human being. You are living, breathing, insult to australia, australians, and everyone who lives there.
Dear oh Dear Oh Dear... get knocked back did we son ?

Originally posted by Notandaussie Well mate, you are certainly setting a fine example for an australian that is all I am going to say.
Well, thank you very much .

Originally posted by megawho As some-one who lives here and who has on occasion posted negative comments about Oz
Me too megawho if you check my previous posts, and so have many others, but you and others dont shoot everyone with the slightest positive post down in flames every time they post.

God! I hope I haven't made a speelling mistayk this tyme

Last edited by pjr55; Oct 3rd 2003 at 11:50 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:48 am
Just Joined

NotandAussie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whats going on?

Originally posted by HUP
No Bondi I think you misunderstand me it seems there has been a recent spate of new posters who jump straight in slagging things off or stirring things up. Now I suspect that they are not necessarily new to the forum but are using different nicknames
I do hope you are not referring to me either. Unless you consider it fine to make a post with such preposterous claims, and insulting a large group of people is perfectly acceptable, but questioning said post isn't?

Personally, if either yourself or pjr55 can explain how *me* giving you my real name somehow adds even the slightest sense of credibility to that one particularly ridiculous post of pjr55's, I would be happy to do so. Unfortunately I don't think it is possible, just as either of you two exposing your real names has even the slightest impact on the validity or otherwise of mine.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:55 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by podgypossum

I got smitten with a Kiwi and married him in UK. We celebrated our third wedding anniversary last week. He is the reason i am in the southern hemisphere. Best thing i ever did.

Hey podgy, it was our wedding anniversary on Monday, 2 years. Best thing I ever did as well .
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:58 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Hey podgy, it was our wedding anniversary on Monday, 2 years. Best thing I ever did as well .
We are having a reaffirmation of vowes when we arrive (after a few months there i hope). The father in law wants to do it as he did'nt get to perform the orginial ceremony (hes a minister).

I get two weddings ! Oh sweet joy

Susan is looking forward to it though, which is nice.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:05 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats going on?

Originally posted by NotandAussie
I do hope you are not referring to me either. Unless you consider it fine to make a post with such preposterous claims, and insulting a large group of people is perfectly acceptable, but questioning said post isn't?

Personally, if either yourself or pjr55 can explain how *me* giving you my real name somehow adds even the slightest sense of
Did I say who I thought it was? Why do you think I meant you?

And as I mentioned earlier its not a case of real names. It has been known in the past that people who already have a nickname on the forum set up another one to use to say things that they don't want associated to them.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:11 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
We are having a reaffirmation of vowes when we arrive (after a few months there i hope). The father in law wants to do it as he did'nt get to perform the orginial ceremony (hes a minister).

I get two weddings ! Oh sweet joy

Susan is looking forward to it though, which is nice.
Awwwww how sweet

One of our boys keeps asking "can you marry daddy again?", he just wants another wedding so he can be pageboy again LOL.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:31 pm
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

I can thoroughly recommend getting married twice (to same person that is!)

We got married in Sydney officially then had another 'wedding blessing' with all our family and friends in August - was brill - do you think I can convince him to do it again.........????
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wonderful to know there are plenty of other happy marriages out there besides ours.

This is a second attempt for both of us. Both got burnt the first time round, but had the guts to trust and try again... we are in our 40s now. I just wish i had met him 20yrs ago.

Sorry... i'm being fluffy again!!!
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 1:04 pm
Rocket Scientist

Wonderful to know there are plenty of other happy marriages out there besides ours.

This is a second attempt for both of us. Both got burnt the first time round, but had the guts to trust and try again... we are in our 40s now. I just wish i had met him 20yrs ago.

Sorry... i'm being fluffy again!!!
Yeah OIY, none of that fluffy stuff or the fluffy police will come get you . You will hear me extolling Dagboys virtues constantly, happy as a pig in shit here too .

emma, funny, I sometimes think the same thing, but I think Im just hoping to have the honeymoon again as well LOL.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 1:40 pm
tennisoz

Default Re: Australia...the good life...

After reading Ellens sad post, it made me think on how the bad side of Australia seems to be dominating the board. Yes, before someone jumps down my throat about being a dreamer, i do understand it is valuable to know the bad as well as the good, but its becoming very depressing in here. I think the balance needs to be redressed the other way a bit.

I know someone has asked about the good things in Perth..what about the good things in all parts of Aus...???

Even though NZ is not the place i want to spend the rest of my days, i am so glad i made the break when i did. It has changed my whole perspective on life. I think i was a narrowminded, whinging old pom before. I'm very pleased to have broken free from it!!
Sorry folks, I got caught up a little in the sidetracking too but back on page 2 or thereabouts I posted IMO some good things about My Melbourne. Can we get the thread back on track with what podgy was asking for cos' I didn't get an answer to the cryptic question in My Melbourne!

TennisOz

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 4:11 pm
Home and Happy

Hi TennisOZ,
Spent 5 days in Melbourne back in 2001, and thoroughly enjoyed it - hope to be going back there for a week next March.So while I can't do as extensive a list as yours - the things I loved most about Melbourne were:

Flying Foxes in the Botanical Gardens
The Old Melbourne Gaol - Ned Kelly's armour and stuff
Victoria Police Museum
View from the top of the Rialto
Trams!
Boat trip down the Yarra to Williamstown
Albert Park Lake
The Grand Prix (watched last time, hope to be marshalling next year)
St Kilda Pier
Gorgeous little bar on the foreshore, next to the pier - no idea what it was called, but big patio area overlooking the water.
The MCG (where I met my Bloke!)
The MCG restaurant (first meal together!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.