Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia - fantastic performance, great place to live

Australia - fantastic performance, great place to live

Old Nov 27th 2002, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

madmancunian is an unknown quantity at this point

pommiesheila,

I won't mark you grammer if you won't mark mine (i.e. sentences don't end with ...)

Bye-bye now.
Old Nov 27th 2002, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future

Originally posted by madmancunian
pommiesheila,

I won't mark you grammer if you won't mark mine (i.e. sentences don't end with ...)

Bye-bye now.
I rest my case!
Old Nov 27th 2002, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

pommiesheila,

Yes my 2-finger speed typing whilst holding 2 bottles of boddingtons in my hands isn't as got as it used to be - my sentence should indeed read:

"I won't mark your grammar if you won't mark mine (i.e. sentences don't end with ...)"
Do you feel better now?

The sentiment remains the same. Your laudable attempts to correct my spelling and grammar are misdirected. There are others on this forum that are in desperate need of your insightful lexical analysis of my English sentences. Feel free to put us all in detention if you wish - I'd imagine that most would simply ignore you.
Old Nov 27th 2002, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future

pommiesheila,

Yes my 2-finger speed typing whilst holding 2 bottles of boddingtons in my hands isn't as got as it used to be - my sentence should indeed read:

"I won't mark your grammar if you won't mark mine (i.e. sentences don't end with ...)"
Do you feel better now?

The sentiment remains the same. Your laudable attempts to correct my spelling and grammar are misdirected. There are others on this forum that are in desperate need of your insightful lexical analysis of my English sentences. Feel free to put us all in detention if you wish - I'd imagine that most would simply ignore you.
Oh dear, we can give it, but we can't take it can we? You were actually the one who mentioned the word homework in the first place. Don't get so steamed up - have another Boddington's you sad chap
Old Nov 27th 2002, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Can do both - I'm getting tired now as I've read too much BS on this forum today.

Tiem to stopp writting as it's iratating the teachers.

ciao
Old Nov 28th 2002, 3:37 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Can do both - I'm getting tired now as I've read too much BS on this forum today.

ciao
I agree about the bull but seeing that you seem to be writing most of it , so I can understand why you are tired this may explain why?

MOST Australian employers favour compulsory drug and alcohol testing at work, a survey has found.

The Health Works survey found 66 per cent of employers were in favour of drug testing and 68 per cent were in favour of alcohol testing.

About half of those surveyed thought the testing should be random and 80 per cent believed drug and alcohol testing should be compulsory after a workplace accident.

Old Nov 28th 2002, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

Heh PB, stop monkeying around!

I didn't mean to encroach on your patch. Seeing how you are the best bull-miester - do you give out the *bull* licences on this forum?

Wrt the drug testing, rumour has it they will targeting Perth first as their seems to be incredible amount lunatic ranting coming from there.Though I doubt they''ll be able to find you at *work* as you obviously haven't finished year 12 yet.
Old Nov 28th 2002, 5:08 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Heh PB, stop monkeying around!

I didn't mean to encroach on your patch. Seeing how you are the best bull-miester - do you give out the *bull* licences on this forum?

Wrt the drug testing, rumour has it they will targeting Perth first as their seems to be incredible amount lunatic ranting coming from there.Though I doubt they''ll be able to find you at *work* as you obviously haven't finished year 12 yet.
You mean we both in the same year at school , because it looks like we both need spelling home work?

Old Nov 29th 2002, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

michael29 is an unknown quantity at this point

ciao
The bs will never end on this forum madmancunian as long as there is whinging poms that insist on Australia being so poor and third world,i mean ive lived in most capital cities in Australia and i have to tell you i'm thinking of immigrating to Brixton as i might get a better quality of life.Funny how the whingers are still slagging it off whilst living there.All i can say is you twits made the move there so like it or lump it people.
Old Dec 2nd 2002, 12:44 am
Banned

Originally posted by michael29
The bs will never end on this forum madmancunian as long as there is whinging poms that insist on Australia being so poor and third world,i mean ive lived in most capital cities in Australia and i have to tell you i'm thinking of immigrating to Brixton as i might get a better quality of life.Funny how the whingers are still slagging it off whilst living there.All i can say is you twits made the move there so like it or lump it people.

I should Sir you do worse maybe Perth? Brixton looks a lot safer right now.

M'Bros associate Tan Duy Huynh, 21, died in Royal Perth Hospital after being stabbed in the chest during a brawl between about a dozen M'Bros and Spider Boys members inside the Church nightclub on Lake Street about 4am.

The violence spilt out, with a trail of blood leading police to a Francis Street carpark and another man with a stab wound to his arm

THE owner of a Warnbro house destroyed by arsonists says he had been expecting to be attacked.

Steve Toms, 41, stayed with a friend in Perth on Friday night because he feared a violent reprisal from a man with whom he had been involved in a fight earlier in the evening.

He said he had an ongoing feud with the man and recently took steps to obtain a restraining order against him after a brick was thrown at his home.

Mr Toms, a father of three who lives alone, was left with only the clothes he was wearing after his uninsured home and car were destroyed in what police confirmed was an arson attack.

DRINK-spiking in Perth bars and nightclubs has reached alarming levels, according to a top Perth doctor.

Most occur in Perth nightclubs.

The figures come from a recent assessment of calls from victims to a range of helplines.

Paul Quigley, an expert in emergency medicine and toxicology, said figures compiled since a police crackdown last month showed drink-spiking was much more common than previously believed.

Old Dec 2nd 2002, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

michael29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
I should Sir you do worse maybe Perth? Brixton looks a lot safer right now.

M'Bros associate Tan Duy Huynh, 21, died in Royal Perth Hospital after being stabbed in the chest during a brawl between about a dozen M'Bros and Spider Boys members inside the Church nightclub on Lake Street about 4am.

The violence spilt out, with a trail of blood leading police to a Francis Street carpark and another man with a stab wound to his arm

THE owner of a Warnbro house destroyed by arsonists says he had been expecting to be attacked.

Steve Toms, 41, stayed with a friend in Perth on Friday night because he feared a violent reprisal from a man with whom he had been involved in a fight earlier in the evening.

He said he had an ongoing feud with the man and recently took steps to obtain a restraining order against him after a brick was thrown at his home.

Mr Toms, a father of three who lives alone, was left with only the clothes he was wearing after his uninsured home and car were destroyed in what police confirmed was an arson attack.

DRINK-spiking in Perth bars and nightclubs has reached alarming levels, according to a top Perth doctor.

Most occur in Perth nightclubs.

The figures come from a recent assessment of calls from victims to a range of helplines.

Paul Quigley, an expert in emergency medicine and toxicology, said figures compiled since a police crackdown last month showed drink-spiking was much more common than previously believed.

Well PB ive lived in Perth for 18 years so i dont think there is alot you could tell me about it.You can quote asian gang fights all you like but If you think Brixton is a safer place to live than Perth then i want some of what you've been taking.The two asian gangs you refered to are a small bunch of teenagers all of about 15 years old who constantly beat the shit out of each other,and to be honest with you i couldnt give a rats arse if they do just as long as they leave the human race alone.Ive been to pubs and clubs in Northbridge for years and havent had any trouble except for the odd punch up but thats as far as its gone. If you stay out of trouble anywhere and dont look for it then it wont find you.But all in all Perth is a great place to live and a fairly safe one at that.
Old Dec 2nd 2002, 11:15 pm
Banned

Originally posted by michael29
Well PB ive lived in Perth for 18 years so i dont think there is alot you could tell me about it.You can quote asian gang fights all you like but If you think Brixton is a safer place to live than Perth then i want some of what you've been taking.The two asian gangs you refered to are a small bunch of teenagers all of about 15 years old who constantly beat the shit out of each other,and to be honest with you i couldnt give a rats arse if they do just as long as they leave the human race alone.Ive been to pubs and clubs in Northbridge for years and havent had any trouble except for the odd punch up but thats as far as its gone. If you stay out of trouble anywhere and dont look for it then it wont find you.But all in all Perth is a great place to live and a fairly safe one at that.
You are right if you stay in your own backyard its very safe? by the way Asian gangs , Bikies gangs whos gang are you in?

MYSTERY man left the components of a deadly bomb hidden in an esky in a room of a budget Osborne Park motel when he checked out last week.

Police said the power gel, detonators and lighting fuse were highly unstable and could have been detonated by an electrical pulse or the frequency emitted from a mobile phone.

They are searching for the man and investigating whether he has links to bikie gangs.

Officers have ruled out the possibility that the bomb was connected to terrorist groups.
Old Dec 3rd 2002, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

GlobalNomad is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done PB, so you can read the West Australian and pick all the bad news stories, congratulations! So Perth has crime, well whoopee-doo, tell me a major city that doesn't and I'll show you a liar. Comparing Brixton to Perth is so laughable it shows you really don't know what you are talking about. I've lived in Brixton, Lewisham and New Cross in London (are these familiar names to you?) and believe me, the crimes you have listed wouldn't even get a mention in the local rag, the South London Press. So don't give me the "crime is so bad here" BS.

GlobalNomad
Old Dec 3rd 2002, 10:37 pm
Banned

Originally posted by GlobalNomad
Well done PB, so you can read the West Australian and pick all the bad news stories, congratulations! So Perth has crime, well whoopee-doo, tell me a major city that doesn't and I'll show you a liar. Comparing Brixton to Perth is so laughable it shows you really don't know what you are talking about. I've lived in Brixton, Lewisham and New Cross in London (are these familiar names to you?) and believe me, the crimes you have listed wouldn't even get a mention in the local rag, the South London Press. So don't give me the "crime is so bad here" BS.

GlobalNomad
No its not bad here but saying that its no better either , I have friends here who have lived in Brixton and now live in inner city Perth
they have been robbed far many more times here and had their car broke into more often now.
I just find it funny when these good people on this forum seem to think they are runing away from life shit happens here too , everything is just the same .
Could be that all the Poms that cause all the crime , there is more than a few here? is it a case of stuff the UK up and do the same in Australia?