Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia 'to be an energy superpower’ by mid 2017

Australia 'to be an energy superpower’ by mid 2017

Old Dec 17th 2013, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

berserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Australia 'to be an energy superpower’ by mid 2017

Please see the first post.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 3:23 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hino
Giz a link...

A great catch if you're right, but I can't find it.
Try this link, which gives an alternative perspective (basically says there's going to be a glut, with the US exporting much more)

http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/cate...ustralian-lng/
&
http://www.energytribune.com/8000/pr....JkuRCEsS.dpbs

However I did find this http://www.energylivenews.com/2013/1...ower%E2%80%9D/

It looks like the new minister is trying pump the potential upside for LNG, and Morgan Stanley is obliging by producing a positive report. I'll guess that there is some environment destroying / pocket lining exercise coming up and the minister wants some cover when he announces it.

Seems like it's a shrill piece - ain't 'independent journalists' wonderful....
Old Dec 17th 2013, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute

GarryP is firmly in the environmentalist camp.... and that's not a criticism, just a clarification of his position for those who are not aware of it.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 3:58 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCreature
GarryP is firmly in the environmentalist camp.... and that's not a criticism, just a clarification of his position for those who are not aware of it.
Actually no, I'm in the big picture camp.

Too often the 'sides' tend to look at this from a limited, small scale perspective. They don't think of how the whole lot works together (or not) and focus on the 'shiny' without the determinates that make it less practical. Thinking 'Japan is a large market for Oz LNG' without considering the other players actions is small picture.

To that end I'd be more for every new build having to include 5kW of solar on the roof. It makes much more sense in the long run, to have the power where it needs to be, than to chase after the receding horizons of fossil fuels - which one way or another, we are going to have to cut our reliance on.

Oh, and I've had experience of dealing with politicians ...
Old Dec 17th 2013, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Actually no, I'm in the big picture camp.

I've always been of the opinion that you were on the 'green side' of this in any discussion, but I'm more than happy to stand corrected on that.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

To that end I'd be more for every new build having to include 5kW of solar on the roof. ...
...and I'm staggered that's not part of Australia's building regs.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 4:16 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by berserk
The UK Telegraph wrote this story from a Morgan Stanley report.
You're right. The timing of the article is probably coincidental but the headline might have put a smile on a conservative mp's face.

The tail end of the story, maybe not so much.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 4:26 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Originally Posted by TheCreature
I've always been of the opinion that you were on the 'green side' of this in any discussion, but I'm more than happy to stand corrected on that.
Never voted green - mainly because they are small picture thinkers. They see something, they want to oppose it. I've only seen one obvious systems thinker from the 'green' side of things - James Lovelock - and he's now persona non grata to the greenies.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 4:43 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

My son is good at maths, chemistry and physics I keep telling him if he goes to Uni and gets into the oil and gas industry he'll be set up for life. I don't think he appreciates just what a great position he's in.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

berserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of light

Let's close this thread.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Never voted green - mainly because they are small picture thinkers. They see something, they want to oppose it. I've only seen one obvious systems thinker from the 'green' side of things - James Lovelock - and he's now persona non grata to the greenies.
The Greens are IMO political prostitutes. They sold their soul to Labor and vice versa.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 5:07 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Originally Posted by berserk
The Greens are IMO political prostitutes. They sold their soul to Labor and vice versa.
They didn't sell their soul to capitalism, I think that's what you mainly hate. The church outside the greed fixated is much larger than the church within.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Well. You can say that. But we are a capitalist society.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

USA, Saudi Arabia and Iran already are energy superpowers.

those 3 are crapholes.

Is that the point you're trying to make?
Old Dec 18th 2013, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bingobob777
USA, Saudi Arabia and Iran already are energy superpowers.

those 3 are crapholes.

Is that the point you're trying to make?
include the north sea countries and russia then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.