Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia economy/bubble/fiscal cliff/recession 'stuff'

Australia economy/bubble/fiscal cliff/recession 'stuff'

Old Oct 27th 2012, 11:22 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia celebrates 21 years of continuous economic growth

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
Chill out pussy boy, you sound like a stress head.
said the child shouting personal attack

does mummy know your up this late ?
Old Oct 27th 2012, 11:28 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steve`o
said the child shouting personal attack

does mummy know your up this late ?

Calm down honestly, read your posts back YOU do the attacking, YOU get personal, YOU seem angry, I don't care what you think, once a person gets personal, their views are pointless to me, sometimes you actually talk sense, but then you get personal and I think, what a numpty. Just ignore me and I will ignore you, or don't, I don't give a rats arse whether you do or don't.
Old Oct 27th 2012, 11:31 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Calm down honestly, read your posts back YOU do the attacking, YOU get personal, YOU seem angry, I don't care what you think, once a person gets personal, their views are pointless to me, sometimes you actually talk sense, but then you get personal and I think, what a numpty. Just ignore me and I will ignore you, or don't, I don't give a rats arse whether you do or don't.
like i said if you take the comment
your in la la land as a personal attack
well your obviously a delicate flower

why not come back with something intelligent to say otherwise you just show every body what a fool you are

steve
Old Oct 27th 2012, 11:36 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

like i said if you take the comment
your in la la land as a personal attack
well your obviously a delicate flower

why not come back with something intelligent to say otherwise you just show every body what a fool you are

steve

Your the fool fella, read your weird posts, bye.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 12:02 am
Banned

where do you get 10 million from

wtf ? mining represents about 7% of turnover in au less is terms of employment

try about a quarter of a million
http://www.miningcareers.com/working...erals_industry

you don't do the statistics and predictions for the au government do you ?

steve

I missed this post, I was being sarcastic, it obviously went way over your head, all I hear is that mining is the be all and end all of the Australian economy and without it Austalia will wither and die ...... Not.

Anyhow to get back on topic, the predictions are is that Australia will have 3% growth next year, that will be 22 years of continuous growth which is incredible when most of the worlds economies are struggling, or imploding and some more good news is like I said earlier...... The UK has come out of the double dip recession with a whopping 1% growth figures in the last quarter, just how anyone can make two positives, into negatives I don't know, I'm not saying everything is hunky dory, all I'm saying is that the growth figures are looking A, OK.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 12:05 am
Worongary

I missed this post, I was being sarcastic, it obviously went way over your head, all I hear is that mining is the be all and end all of the Australian economy and without it Austalia will wither and die ...... Not.

Anyhow to get back on topic, the predictions are is that Australia will have 3% growth next year, that will be 22 years of continuous growth which is incredible when most of the worlds economies are struggling, or imploding and some more good news is like I said earlier...... The UK has come out of the double dip recession with a whopping 1% growth figures in the last quarter, just how anyone can make two positives, into negatives I don't know, I'm not saying everything is hunky dory, all I'm saying is that the growth figures are looking A, OK.
and my point was that the figures are supplied by the au government who is good at one thing

getting its facts wrong

au is a great place to live but you cannot believe all you read,
you have to sort the facts from government fiction just the same as in many other countries

steve

ps do you believe everything the current uk government tell you? i would think perhaps not
if thats the case apply the same to facts n figures quoted by our lot

Last edited by steve`o; Oct 28th 2012 at 12:07 am.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 12:11 am
Banned

and my point was that the figures are supplied by the au government who is good at one thing

getting its facts wrong

au is a great place to live but you cannot believe all you read,
you have to sort the facts from government fiction just the same as in many other countries

steve

ps do you believe everything the current uk government tell you? i would think perhaps not
if thats the case apply the same to facts n figures quoted by our lot
Cheers for the normal conversation, without the insults, which I have no problem with, but it does spoil the thread, your right I don't believe any figures from the government in Australia or the UK, but it's all we have to go by and on this occasion it's good, maybe falsified figures rather than bad falsified figures.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 9:14 am
Banned

Default Re: Aussie inflation rises

Originally Posted by Fran_L
Australian inflation rose to 1.4% which was above the market estimates of around 1.0%. Further interest cuts on hold?

Read more here:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...0#post10347020

Inflation was at 1% in Australia and has just gone up to 1.4% blimey that's good. Why do they give such high wage rises then? Wages have gone up by an average of above 4% year on year for the last ten years.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 9:32 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Aussie inflation rises

1.4%? 'Lock up the credit card Martha, we can't afford Kellogg's this week!'

UK is currently 2.2%. EU is 2.6%.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Oct 29th 2012 at 10:02 am.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 9:34 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
1.4%? Lock up the credit card Martha, we can't afford Kellog's this week!

UK is currently 2.2%. EU is 2.6%.

Here in the UK it has come down at last, I started a thread about it, but it was running at above 5% not long back and we weren't really getting any pay rises.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 9:50 am
Worongary

Inflation was at 1% in Australia and has just gone up to 1.4% blimey that's good. Why do they give such high wage rises then? Wages have gone up by an average of above 4% year on year for the last ten years.
please back this up with some facts
Old Oct 29th 2012, 11:54 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

21 years continuous growth, that's incredible. I think a slow down is on the cards though, but we will have to wait and see.
Not just incredible, completely off the map, which is not a good thing.
Normal boom/bust cycles are 7-10 years.
We are so far outside the typical predictive pattern after 21 years of uninterrupted growth that it is a wee bit scary to think what might happen once the party ends.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 3:52 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

please back this up with some facts
Hahaha, you're funny.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 5:10 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by chris955
Hahaha, you're funny.
lost me there chris?
Old Oct 29th 2012, 5:57 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

lost me there chris?
Sorry, you asked for a throw away comment to be backed up with facts, it isnt likely to happen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.