Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Australia different to the UK?

Is Australia different to the UK?

Old Feb 6th 2003, 2:59 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is Australia different to the UK?

Little letter in local rag , seems same bunch of moaners live here too?

AS AN ex-serviceman from World War II, when I think of my friends who did not come home because they gave their lives in defence of the "freedoms" people living in Australia enjoy and take for granted, I am disgusted at the attitude of Muslim immigrants to Australia who take advantage of the freedoms they do not have in their countries of origin and now want to impose their language, customs, dress codes and way of life on our Australian way of life.

Scrap multiculturalism, it has never worked. If it is such a great idea, why are the Croats, Muslims and Serbs in southern Europe and the various tribes in Africa still butchering each other? These people have had hundreds of years living together, yet their hatreds are more deeply entrenched than ever. All we are doing is turning Australia into a series of tribes with their own hatreds and allegiances.

We are a mainly Christian Anglo-Saxon community and want to remain that way and not be swamped by anybody. We welcome a mix of migrants from any race, colour or creed so long as they come as Australians and swear allegiance to our Queen, our flag, our laws and our language and be prepared to integrate fully into our society.

Anyone not prepared to do this should return to a country that accepts their ideas, otherwise we are only building up problems for our children and grandchildren in the years ahead. Look at the problems in England and France today as a result of their open-door policies introduced after the 1950s.

If this makes me a racist, then for Australia's sake I'm a racist and proud of it.
JACK EASTCOTT, Bridgetown.

Old Feb 6th 2003, 3:54 am
Dudley

Default Re: Is Australia different to the UK?

Originally posted by pommie bastard

AS AN ex-serviceman from World War II, when I think of my friends who did not come home because they gave their lives in defence of the "freedoms" people living in Australia enjoy and take for granted, I am disgusted at the attitude of Muslim immigrants to Australia who take advantage of the freedoms they do not have in their countries of origin and now want to impose their language, customs, dress codes and way of life on our Australian way of life.

Scrap multiculturalism, it has never worked. If it is such a great idea, why are the Croats, Muslims and Serbs in southern Europe and the various tribes in Africa still butchering each other? These people have had hundreds of years living together, yet their hatreds are more deeply entrenched than ever. All we are doing is turning Australia into a series of tribes with their own hatreds and allegiances.

We are a mainly Christian Anglo-Saxon community and want to remain that way and not be swamped by anybody. We welcome a mix of migrants from any race, colour or creed so long as they come as Australians and swear allegiance to our Queen, our flag, our laws and our language and be prepared to integrate fully into our society.

Anyone not prepared to do this should return to a country that accepts their ideas, otherwise we are only building up problems for our children and grandchildren in the years ahead. Look at the problems in England and France today as a result of their open-door policies introduced after the 1950s.

If this makes me a racist, then for Australia's sake I'm a racist and proud of it.

I'd be happy if they'd come and round up all the bloody camels their great-great-great-great-great-grand-fathers left behind then take 'em all home with them.

While we are about it, get all the Pommies to round up all the cats, foxes, rabbits, donkeys etc and take 'em back with them to the Battersea Pound. Should get 'em to dig up all the weeds too but the probably can not recognise 'em.

Old Feb 6th 2003, 4:12 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Here, here.

But no one had better stop me wearing my turban when I'm on my moped.
Old Feb 6th 2003, 4:18 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Dudley
I'd be happy if they'd come and round up all the bloody camels their great-great-great-great-great-grand-fathers left behind then take 'em all home with them.

While we are about it, get all the Pommies to round up all the cats, foxes, rabbits, donkeys etc and take 'em back with them to the Battersea Pound. Should get 'em to dig up all the weeds too but the probably can not recognise 'em.

I've grown quite fond of the Raghead taxi drivers (ex -camel jockies) in Perth , thanks to them I've seen parts I had never been to before , they love taking the scenic route costs more but get you to see more too.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Feb 6th 2003 at 6:22 am.
Old Feb 6th 2003, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

colind is an unknown quantity at this point

I've grown quite fond of the Raghead taxi drivers (ex -camel jockies) in Perth , thanks to them I've seen parts I had been to before , they love taking the scenic route costs more but get you get to see more too.

We have three times had the same taxi driver from Palestine. Takes him till the end of the road to start his latest tirade on the problems in the Middle East and his favourite topic, GW Bush. At least he knows his way straight to the pub, though!
Old Feb 6th 2003, 4:23 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I've grown quite fond of the Raghead taxi drivers (ex -camel jockies) in Perth , thanks to them I've seen parts I had been to before , they love taking the scenic route costs more but get you get to see more too.

I had a Yugoslav take 30 minutes from Heathridge to Padbury - it cost $20.00. He was a nice bloke though, in the end he handed me a street directory and asked me to navigate.

At least I know I can fall back on taxi driving as a career when my dream IT job fails to materialize.
Old Feb 6th 2003, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by renth
I had a Yugoslav take 30 minutes from Heathridge to Padbury - it cost $20.00. He was a nice bloke though, in the end he handed me a street directory and asked me to navigate.

At least I know I can fall back on taxi driving as a career when my dream IT job fails to materialize.
Taxi drivers, certainly in Sydney, rarely have any idea where they are going. If you don't know where you're going yourself, you invariably end up having to navigate for them from their street directories, as you say, renth. This comes as a bit of a shock after using London cabs for 6 years. Also, in Sydney, it's rare to find one that speaks English so this combined with the lack of knowledge of the suburbs makes for rather interesting and often frustrating journeys...(to say nothing about the quality of driving!)
Old Feb 6th 2003, 4:35 am
Banned

Its a great trick they hear your accent and get lost in their own backyard , used to live in Pathfinder road in Padbury were did you go there?
By the way these guys always find you to pick you up , but can never find where you want to go.

Old Feb 6th 2003, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

By the way these guys always find you to pick you up , but can never find where you want to go.

I like it! I'll use that line next time one gets "lost"...
Old Feb 6th 2003, 4:40 am
(It's not my real name)

Its a great trick they hear your accent and get lost in their own backyard , used to live in Pathfinder road in Padbury were did you go there?

Good point about them always finding you first, then getting lost.

We stayed with friends in Frazer Way. We won't be living there though. It's nice enough if you are used to living in a run down place in the UK.

Were going for 2 storey, ocean views and pool. Can't get that in Padbury.
Old Feb 6th 2003, 4:53 am
Banned

Good point about them always finding you first, then getting lost.

We stayed with friends in Frazer Way. We won't be living there though. It's nice enough if you are used to living in a run down place in the UK.

Were going for 2 storey, ocean views and pool. Can't get that in Padbury.
Depends where you look you were in the worst part , we were in Pinnaroo hights but Hepburn Hights has better views there are new 2 stories in both parts and sea views from higher up in Hepburn.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Feb 6th 2003 at 6:06 am.
Old Feb 6th 2003, 5:53 am
Dudley

Heathrow to Paddington via Stone Henge.

Old Feb 6th 2003, 6:04 am
Banned

Heathrow to Paddington via Stone Henge.
The taxi drivers around any airport in the world are not to be trusted , its easy spot the mugs as the come off the plane.

Old Feb 6th 2003, 7:01 am
Banned

How about this Dud are we brits ripping you lads off or what? its a bigger scam than camels.

THE statues at Lake Ballard may be left out in the Goldfields bush.

The 50 stick-like steel figures were created by renowned British sculptor Antony Gormley for $650,000 as part of the Perth International Arts Festival.

They were expected to stay on the lake, 50km from the tiny town of Menzies, until March.

But the statues, which are reduced body scans of Menzies townsfolk, may now be left out on the salt flats.

This is good news for the town, 730km northeast of Perth, which has not had such a boom since gold was discovered in 1894.

Old Feb 6th 2003, 7:25 am
Dudley

The taxi drivers around any airport in the world are not to be trusted , its easy spot the mugs as the come off the plane.

'specially when they got that nice clean sheep dip smell and talk slow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.