Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia Day in Sydney.....

Australia Day in Sydney.....

Old Jan 21st 2009, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

s1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nice
Smile Australia Day in Sydney.....

What not to miss?

What to miss?

Where to go?

Where not to go?

Its our first Australia Day and we want to make the most of it.

All comments welcome.

Thanks

Simon
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia Day in Sydney.....

To be honest we stay home but from reports it seems that everything happens around the harbour. Do they still give free transport on Australia Day?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:21 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

our local council puts on two ceremonies/events, one in the morning and one into the evening that is within walking distance for us that we will go to - join friends for picnic plus wine and various ents for the children, finishing off the evening with fireworks

just had a look for you if you want to stay localhttp://www.mosman.nsw.gov.au/events/...ralia-day-2009
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:54 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately our first Australia Day in Sydney will be remembered as the day we wished we could have been in the UK at a family funeral, but my husband really couldn't spare the time (his relly, although I loved her to bits too).

I think maybe we'll just potter about at home.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:52 am
Just Joined

sparkles.79 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have relatives over here and on our first Australia Day in Sydney they were so excited - telling us that there'll be so much to do and they won't know how to choose what the best bits are. The day arrived and we just didn't get it! So for the two Australia Days since my husband has worked and I've stayed home!

The Rocks by all accounts is the place to be, the ferries have a race etc..And the pubs are nice down there.