Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia Day in Melly

Australia Day in Melly

Old Jan 15th 2013, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australia Day in Melly

One year after becoming citizens we are looking for something family friendly to do in Melly to celebrate Australia Day. Anybody got any ideas? DD is nearly 2 so wont sit still for too long unless entertained.

So far we have gathered that the Australian Way is to play chicken with your mates and leave it to the very last minute to arrange a BBQ or something in the hope that someone else will do the hard graft instead.(I would do it but I did a 40th a couple of weeks ago so reckon i've done my bit for the year!). Maybe someone will arrange something but I would like a back-up plan..

edited to add: Saw the event on at docklands advertised but think it may be a bit of a scrum in the city centre.

Last edited by AlliF; Jan 15th 2013 at 9:19 pm. Reason: Add
Old Jan 15th 2013, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia Day in Melly

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
One year after becoming citizens we are looking for something family friendly to do in Melly to celebrate Australia Day. Anybody got any ideas? DD is nearly 2 so wont sit still for too long unless entertained.

So far we have gathered that the Australian Way is to play chicken with your mates and leave it to the very last minute to arrange a BBQ or something in the hope that someone else will do the hard graft instead.(I would do it but I did a 40th a couple of weeks ago so reckon i've done my bit for the year!). Maybe someone will arrange something but I would like a back-up plan..

edited to add: Saw the event on at docklands advertised but think it may be a bit of a scrum in the city centre.
Australia Day celebrations are usually full of drunk bogans and not somewhere you'd want to take your 2 year old anyway. Find a friend having a swim and a BBQ at home. Our neighbours are having one, my girls will be going to the ballet with friends (hopefully the youngest won't wear the Aussie flag umbrella hat she's been eyeing off at Woollies) - the rest of us will probably go to the neighbours.