Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia Day - The media event they missed

Australia Day - The media event they missed

Old Jan 28th 2004, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough
Default Australia Day - The media event they missed

australia day dawned with a fanfare in my house (well the holiday unit in lovely port stephens anyway)

2 weeks + of colonic deprivation were at an end.

Broke my fast with an FEB, and followed up by pretty much eating a whole cow by days end, swilled down with several schooners and a particularly fine selection of wines.

The end verdict - well the detox thing was quite good from a personal discipline angle, and I'll probaly stick with a few of the pronciples going forward.
As a bi-product I did shed a bit of tonnage, but had I just have wanted to shed weight I'd have incerased cardio excercise, upped my intake of fruit and cut my carbohydrates.
I can't say that in summation I've felt any lasting benefits from the whole experience. So if anyone is tempted by this sort of thing I say drop me a mail with a $50 cheque and I'll save you the bother.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 3:49 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australia Day - The media event they missed

Originally posted by RichS
australia day dawned with a fanfare in my house (well the holiday unit in lovely port stephens anyway)

2 weeks + of colonic deprivation were at an end.

Broke my fast with an FEB, and followed up by pretty much eating a whole cow by days end, swilled down with several schooners and a particularly fine selection of wines.

The end verdict - well the detox thing was quite good from a personal discipline angle, and I'll probaly stick with a few of the pronciples going forward.
As a bi-product I did shed a bit of tonnage, but had I just have wanted to shed weight I'd have incerased cardio excercise, upped my intake of fruit and cut my carbohydrates.
I can't say that in summation I've felt any lasting benefits from the whole experience. So if anyone is tempted by this sort of thing I say drop me a mail with a $50 cheque and I'll save you the bother.
I was wondering in another thread whether your lack of recent posts was due to post detox anal relapse.

Shame the seas have been useless for you to try the bodyboard to burn some cals. Did you get the surfboard?
Old Jan 28th 2004, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

I still have to pick up the 'one fin a bit missing' surf board. Did take the bodyboards away and they did indeed appear at the beach over the weekend. Small fry on the waves front, but lovely beaches.
Had to settle for a bit of running in the morning to burn off the cals/hangovers.

I see my less sensational headline has only attracted 21 views and your solitary response. Should have put something in about the exchange rate - that seems to have a +100 rating as far as views goes.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 4:33 am

I still have to pick up the 'one fin a bit missing' surf board. Did take the bodyboards away and they did indeed appear at the beach over the weekend. Small fry on the waves front, but lovely beaches.
Had to settle for a bit of running in the morning to burn off the cals/hangovers.

I see my less sensational headline has only attracted 21 views and your solitary response. Should have put something in about the exchange rate - that seems to have a +100 rating as far as views goes.
Swell is very depressing. Worst summer is recent memory is what I am hearing from the experienced. I hope the board on offer is sizable or you will be in for some fruitless surfs. I still have to get my arse down to the Bra one day for a paddle out.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Needing some more marketing tips

Exchange rates are good, but what about Beaches, "Beaches I love this clean beautiful wonderful land sooooooo much should do the trick"

Or "my beautiful big house on the beachfront".

"Me frolicking on the beach" could hit the spot too, its snowing in the UK at the moment.

Please tho no speedo piccys I am having my lunch.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 4:43 am

RichS there is a thread beaches of Australia. Thought you could review the Bra there.