Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia or Canada, possitives and negatives

Australia or Canada, possitives and negatives

Old Sep 15th 2005, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

coolboarder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australia or Canada, possitives and negatives

I want a fresh start for me and my family but cant decide on Canada or Australia. I have three young kids so which ever we choose must be right for them. Im not looking at this with rose tinted glasses on, so I know there will be good and bad points in both countrys.

I would like to ask you folk on here what are your 3 positives & 3 negatives with Australia compared to the UK.

My Australia positive would be

Quality of life
Plenty career opportunity's for my kids
The outdoor life Australians have including the beach life.

& negatives

I'm guessing now but isnt it a long plane ride to nz south island for some serious winter sport.
Fear of dangerous animals, insects etc.
Such a long way from uk and expensive to fly here or back to uk.

Add more positives and negatives if you like as this in a big learning curve for me.

cheers
Old Sep 15th 2005, 7:41 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia or Canada, possitives and negatives

Originally Posted by coolboarder
I want a fresh start for me and my family but cant decide on Canada or Australia. I have three young kids so which ever we choose must be right for them. Im not looking at this with rose tinted glasses on, so I know there will be good and bad points in both countrys.

I would like to ask you folk on here what are your 3 positives & 3 negatives with Australia compared to the UK.

Quality of life

& negatives

I'm guessing now but isnt it a long plane ride to nz south island for some serious winter sport.

Add more positives and negatives if you like as this in a big learning curve for me.

cheers
Tin hats on :scared:

Here we go again

G
Old Sep 15th 2005, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grayling
Tin hats on :scared:

Here we go again

G
Not really sure what you mean by that. Sorry if this an old topic but im new here and need to go into this with eyes wide open.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 7:46 am
aussie73

Quality of life

& negatives

cheers
The biggest advantage of OZ is that its not next door to the USA
Regarding dangerous animals in OZ ,Canada has them also they were discussing Grizzy bear attacks and deaths in the Canadian forum recently.

Old Sep 15th 2005, 7:48 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Not really sure what you mean by that. Sorry if this an old topic but im new here and need to go into this with eyes wide open.
Well as you have posted similar threads on the NZ and Canada forums as well you are either very confused or just looking for a reaction.

On one you want beach life on another you want snow

This type of thread always ends in a row.

But then you would not know that would you?

G
Old Sep 15th 2005, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

& negatives

You can cross off the dangerous animals. You are far more likely to be hit by a bus.

Dangerous animals and insects is the biggest furphy of all. It should have been put to bed long ago.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Well as you have posted similar threads on the NZ and Canada forums as well you are either very confused or just looking for a reaction.

This type of thread always ends in a row.

But then you would not know that would you?

G
Yea ive posted on both oz and canada simply to get help advice and views from both countrys how else else will i find out !!
And for beach life or snow, we as a family do both so whats up with that.
Not sure why, but i seemed to have touched a nerve with you.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 8:05 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Try both. Lifes to short, carpe diem, dont have any regrets, you only live once etc
Old Sep 15th 2005, 8:06 am
aussie73

Originally Posted by Banksia
You can cross off the dangerous animals. You are far more likely to be hit by a bus.

Dangerous animals and insects is the biggest furphy of all. It should have been put to bed long ago.
Totally right.

Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:59 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Firstly, check out to see if you are eligible to move to either place, if not, you may be wasting your time.

Good luck
Old Sep 15th 2005, 10:57 am
Banned

Hunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to all

I'm a Canadian living in Australia but have previously lived in the UK. I actually prefer the UK, go figure......
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:09 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Quality of life

& negatives

cheers
My wife has lived for a time in canada and now she has done 10 months here in Oz, So far she thinks canada is worse than Oz, and Oz worse than UK. Both Australia and Canada do a very good PR job on themselves, Which isn't born out in reality. (rushes for tin hat and flak jacket) (not responding to anyone other than OP so don't bother slaging me off)
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:14 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
(rushes for tin hat and flak jacket)
You posting from Iraq?
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:27 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
You posting from Iraq?
No, he just wishes he was

Fooooooore.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:37 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

The weirdest thing is when it gets so cold it snows on the beach and it actually settles. I've seen it a few times, crunching through snow as the icy cold sea laps up is one of the strangest things. I didn't know whether to have snowball fight or go for a swim.

Try Norway,you get beach and snow, if you a pining for the fjords.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.