Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia, Canada or New Zealand for immigration?

Australia, Canada or New Zealand for immigration?

Old Nov 11th 2012, 9:57 am
Banned

murtza4u is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Australia, Canada or New Zealand for immigration?

Hi respectable experts,

I want to migrate to a good, stable country for my better future. Can anyone suggest that which country Australia, Canada or New Zealand is best to migrate to?

I would really appreciate your valuable inputs.

By the way. I am a Software Engineer and done masters in Software Engineering and have more than 7 years of experience.
Old Nov 11th 2012, 10:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia, Canada or New Zealand for immigration?

Originally Posted by murtza4u
Hi respectable experts,

I want to migrate to a good, stable country for my better future. Can anyone suggest that which country Australia, Canada or New Zealand is best to migrate to?

By the way. I am a Software Engineer and done masters in Software Engineering and have more than 7 years of experience.
Depends what you like from life. Have you visited any of them before? Knowing what you think comprises a "better future" might also help people to comment and suggest.....
Old Nov 11th 2012, 10:48 am
Banned

murtza4u is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Depends what you like from life. Have you visited any of them before? Knowing what you think comprises a "better future" might also help people to comment and suggest.....
No I haven't visited any of them before. I mean living standards, overall climate, job opportunities, benefits like health, insurance etc..
Old Nov 12th 2012, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

They are all first world countries, it's a toss up.
Old Nov 12th 2012, 7:10 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Don't consider Canada unless you can live with lots of snow and ice. The wording of your post suggests to me that you come from India or that region, so the Canadian winter might be quite a shock.

Last edited by KJCherokee; Nov 12th 2012 at 7:12 am.
Old Nov 12th 2012, 7:35 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

why dont u consider the UK?
Old Nov 15th 2012, 3:50 am
CdK
Just Joined

CdK is an unknown quantity at this point

We emigrated to NZ nearly 5 years ago and are now in the process of applying for PR in Australia because we don't see a long-term future for ourselves in NZ.

NZ is a beautiful, clean and peaceful country where things work well (we come from a tropical developing country) but it's also very quiet (boring?), there are somewhat limited job opportunities, and the weather isn't great (and we're in the far north of the north island which has the best weather in the country!). Salaries aren't particularly high in NZ so don't come here if you're expecting a high salary! The cost of living is also quite high (especially in comparison to earnings).

The NZ people are mostly very nice although we haven't made that many close friends here. We are in a small town which obviously makes things more difficult in some ways - perhaps those in Auckland and the larger cities have had a more positive experience here.

Whilst I know that Australia won't be everything we've ever dreamed of, we believe there are many more opportunities in Australia and the climate is definitely better. At the end of the day you have to decide what your priorities are and that should help you decide which country to go for.

Hope this helps in your decision making process!
Old Nov 15th 2012, 5:17 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by murtza4u
Hi respectable experts,

Check which of these states you can get in to first. You only have a decision to make if it's more than one.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 5:53 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
Check which of these states you can get in to first. You only have a decision to make if it's more than one.
pretty pointless answering him mate as he`s gone
Old Nov 15th 2012, 6:51 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CdK
We emigrated to NZ nearly 5 years ago and are now in the process of applying for PR in Australia because we don't see a long-term future for ourselves in NZ.

NZ is a beautiful, clean and peaceful country where things work well (we come from a tropical developing country) but it's also very quiet (boring?), there are somewhat limited job opportunities, and the weather isn't great (and we're in the far north of the north island which has the best weather in the country!). Salaries aren't particularly high in NZ so don't come here if you're expecting a high salary! The cost of living is also quite high (especially in comparison to earnings).

The NZ people are mostly very nice although we haven't made that many close friends here. We are in a small town which obviously makes things more difficult in some ways - perhaps those in Auckland and the larger cities have had a more positive experience here.

Whilst I know that Australia won't be everything we've ever dreamed of, we believe there are many more opportunities in Australia and the climate is definitely better. At the end of the day you have to decide what your priorities are and that should help you decide which country to go for.

Hope this helps in your decision making process!
if u have NZ passports u can move to Oz without a PR visa.
Old Nov 15th 2012, 10:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
if u have NZ passports u can move to Oz without a PR visa.
But if you use that route you will never have permanent residency here, and will never be a citizen. Depends how much security you want.