Reload this Page >

Australia or Canada

Australia or Canada

Old Jun 21st 2008, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Amrohvi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australia or Canada

Originally Posted by darenatto
People are now considering MiddleEast because of high petrol prices,taxes and high living cost in US,Australia,Canada.

In MiddleEast mostly jobs are permenant and saving is possible.
THOUGH Middle East won´t be stable for too long.
As much as I hate saying this, Dubai isn´t a safe place in 5 years...
These bloody terrorists target western interests.... and Dubai is quite Western.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

laguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura about

Dont think there is a skills shortage in Canada, and much harder to find jobs once you are there because you require canadian job experience, a catch 22 situation....doctors driving cabs etc.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

laguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura about

Just forgot to mention, taxation is higher in Canada, can work out to be 60% in some cases
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 9:46 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laguna33p
Dont think there is a skills shortage in Canada, and much harder to find jobs once you are there because you require canadian job experience, a catch 22 situation....doctors driving cabs etc.
And you don't require Australian experience to get a job in Australia? There are no educated taxi drivers here?
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 8:41 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Australia or Canada

Originally Posted by Dorothy
And you don't require Australian experience to get a job in Australia? There are no educated taxi drivers here?
In Melbourne we have people with Masters and Phd driving cabs.In Australia mostly jobs are not advertized and hiring is internally done between mates
Old Jun 24th 2008, 1:55 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Not quite as many as in Canada.

That is probably because there is a better linkage between the immigration system and labour market/qualification recognition. Still not perfect, though.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 2:00 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeyc
To the original poster www.domain.com.au will give you an idea of house prices over here.

Mikey

Here is the Canadian website for property - www.mls.ca

We moved to Nova Scotia in Jan 2007 and love it here. We had a long winter this year but you still get out and about, just throw on some extra clothes and decent boots. Temps can get down to -30C with windchill but usually the skies are blue and the sun is shining. Snow tends to be very powdery too.

Guess the weather is why there are so many drive thru's too (even ATMs).

Surprisingly, the summers can be very hot and humid and the Fall is beautiful.

Cheap flights are available with Zoom Airlines and Canadian Affair. Makes it more affordable for you to visit back home or get friends and rellies to pop over. Flight times vary from 5.5 (Glasgow) to 6.5 hours (London)

PS Coming from Scotland, there is no real culture shock in NS either. Many people like ourselves initially came over on a Work Permit, having secured a job whilst our application for PR was being held in a very long queue. We were made PRs within 10 months
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

brissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amrohvi
THOUGH Middle East won´t be stable for too long.
As much as I hate saying this, Dubai isn´t a safe place in 5 years...
These bloody terrorists target western interests.... and Dubai is quite Western.
Al-Qayeda will never attack Dubai, as they get most of thier funding from there.

Why do you think its never been attacked?
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smurtaza
In Melbourne we have people with Masters and Phd driving cabs.In Australia mostly jobs are not advertized and hiring is internally done between mates
In Brisbane we have people that don't speak English, lock the cab doors during the journey, and then refuse to hand over any change. I might move to Canada.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

Surely it depends where you live in Canada or Australia???

I went for a job in Medicine Hat, Alberta. Visited Calgary, Vancouver and Vancouver island. I loved the environment, but felt that the housing was not terribly well built - all wooden and the same drab monotone colours. We loved the people we met and I am sure we would have settled there okay, though M Hat would have been a bit small and a culture shock for us.

We ended up in Adelaide, which despite increasing prices remains competitive with the UK and alot cheaper than other Australian cities. We love it there, the people, weather, wildlife - it is much less similar in that way than Canada was to the UK. Adelaide is quite British I am told by Ozzies.

We are back in the UK visiting at the minute, for the first time in 2 and a half years. I am so glad we made the move. We are the type of people that take things on face value, and would have proabably made the most of whatever we ended up with and seen positive things.

I do think the cost of travelling back is something you should consider - it is so much harder to visit from Australia than Canada and this is an issue for us. I haven't seen my adult children in 2 and a half years. Had I been in Canada they would have visited by now.

Nevertheless, Adelaide is home and the houses are solid construction, the culture easy to fit into and the environment top class. We find days over 40C hard, but I am sure -30C would be harder.

Also we have met a number of people from Canada all of whom say liviing in Canada is much more expensive so they are in Oz. If you go to Canada there are proably Australians who say they are there because it means they can travel. Depends on what you want.

Best wishes wherever you go. And it's Alan Collett.

Seabird
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:10 am
Banned

tassietiger will become famous soon enough

Someone on the forum said they were moving to Canada instead of OZ because they were affraid of the snakes and spiders in OZ. If they come across a massive Grizzly bear in the Canadian backwoods l think they might regret their decision.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

brissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tassietiger
Someone on the forum said they were moving to Canada instead of OZ because they were affraid of the snakes and spiders in OZ. If they come across a massive Grizzly bear in the Canadian backwoods l think they might regret their decision.
Thats just ridiculous. The only time I ever saw a snake in Oz was when I was working on the farms.

I never once saw anything remotely dangerous in any of the cities. Some folk need thier heads checked.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 1:18 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by brissybound
Al-Qayeda will never attack Dubai, as they get most of thier funding from there.

Why do you think its never been attacked?
The GDP Per Capita of UAE is even higher than US and UK.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:44 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tassietiger
In 43 years of living in Canada I saw 1 grizzly bear. That was hiking in the mountains miles from anything. We did have black bears when I lived in northern Ontario, but the vast majority of people don't live north of Superior or in the woods.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by smurtaza
The GDP Per Capita of UAE is even higher than US and UK.
True. Just dont count on having any Human rights.

There was a 15 year old French boy who was gangraped and was threatened with being beheaded if he didnt leave the country immediately.

Great country, just gotta love those Muslims

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.