Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia best place for expat kids

Australia best place for expat kids

Old May 11th 2010, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Toronto, Canada - Darwin NT - Newcastle NSW - Toronto - Townsville QLD - Brisbane - Toronto
paularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud of
Default Australia best place for expat kids

http://www.theage.com.au/executive-s...0312-q2h4.html

Don't know if I completely agree as we've had to deal with bullying against our 9yr old daughter. Overall, she is settling in quite well despite this.
Old May 11th 2010, 1:52 pm
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of
Default Re: Australia best place for expat kids

With regards to education, I'm not so sure. When we first arrived we thought we'd be happy putting the kids in state (public) education, but are now considering (expensive) private school. Not specifically base on the level of education, but on everything else.

We are worried after hearing 'horror' stories. For example, a primary school kid (aged 6) wondering off school premises and (luckily) going home, then the school being surprised (having not identified the child as being missing) when the parent calls them an hour later (and this school scored well on the myschool website ).
Old May 11th 2010, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coolshadows
With regards to education, I'm not so sure. When we first arrived we thought we'd be happy putting the kids in state (public) education, but are now considering (expensive) private school. Not specifically base on the level of education, but on everything else.

We are worried after hearing 'horror' stories. For example, a primary school kid (aged 6) wondering off school premises and (luckily) going home, then the school being surprised (having not identified the child as being missing) when the parent calls them an hour later (and this school scored well on the myschool website ).
I don't think that is an epidemic particular to Australian schools though
Old May 11th 2010, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
I don't think that is an epidemic particular to Australian schools though
Then the same could be said about the article in question?
Old May 11th 2010, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Then the same could be said about the article in question?
A survey vs one incident
Old May 11th 2010, 4:01 pm
Banned

aussie_best has a spectacular aura aboutaussie_best has a spectacular aura aboutaussie_best has a spectacular aura about
Question Re: Australia best place for expat kids

Originally Posted by paularn
http://www.theage.com.au/executive-s...0312-q2h4.html

Don't know if I completely agree as we've had to deal with bullying against our 9yr old daughter. Overall, she is settling in quite well despite this.
I have heard the same stories in US (Texas schools).When I was in virginia people used to give same remarks about VA schools. My child is going to private school.Although public is cheaper but public have tough admission criterias and I heard lot of horror stories...